Parota is a highly flaky slightly crisp flatbread made out of All Purpose Flour/Maida and is found in every hotel in Kerala. It is slightly oily but very very tasty!! Many companies have come up with frozen parota's but nothing beats the freshly made one! That applies to everything!! :)
Recipe by my mom
Parota- 10 (you can either use fresh ones or frozen, if it is frozen prepare them according to the instructions on the packet)
Ginger garlic paste-2 tbsp
Carrot-100g, grated /chopped fine
French beans-100 grams, chopped fine
Cabbage-100 g,chopped fine
Green chillies- 2-3 ,slitted lenghtwise
Soya sauce- 1-2 tbsp
Salt- to taste
- Snip the parotas using a kitchen knife into bite sized pieces.
- Heat oil, saute ginger garlic paste, add the veggies and stir well. Keep it covered and cook for approx. 3-4 mins.
- Add the parota pieces and mix well.
- Add soya sauce& salt and mix well.
- Scramble eggs separately and garnish the 'kothu parota' with it.
- Serve hot!
The scrambled egg is highly optional ! We started using it because my brother needs it with everything! :)
I have a happy news to share today!! My 'Followers' are 50 in number today! YAY to all you guys!! Thanks for making my day!!!
Have a great day!!