Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Parmesan & Macaroni Chicken Salad with Roasted Bell Pepper


Salad making was never my forte. But I always try to figure out the ingredients whenever I taste one. I love salads with fruits, espcially pineapple and apple in them. We had some guests recently and I had some pasta and cheese with me. I din't want to bake anything so thought of making a cold salad. It turned out to be exceptionally good that when my guests complimented me I was thinking 'Did they actually like it or is that they are trying to please me!' LOL!


But my dad ate it a bit later. And he ate a full bowl of it!! And then I realised that , my guests actually meant it!! Why is it so hard for me to take in compliments sometimes?!?! LOL!


Let me warn you ahead, it is calorie - laden...heavily! :)


Parmesan & Macaroni Chicken Salad with Roasted Bell Pepper
My own recipe


Ingredients
Macaroni-150g, boiled 
Chicken-100g,boiled and shredded
Parmesan cheese- 75 g, grated
Mayonnaise-5 tbsp
Frankfurters -2, stir fried and sliced to small pieced
Sweet corn kernals-4 tbsp
Roasted bell pepper-1, cut into bite sized pieces
Fresh cream-1/2 cup
Vinegar/lime juice- 1 tbsp
Salt and pepper-to taste
Cilantro-2 sprigs
Italian seasoning- 1tbsp


Method
Mix everthing togther and chill for 5-6 hours. (Adjust seasonings as per your taste)
Serve cold .






The response I got for making this salad was CRAZY! I loved it :) My dad and mom thoroughly enjoyed it! My guest asked me if it was some Italian salad?! I just smiled, din't know how to tell him that I just put everything I had with me then :) 





















13 Comments:

Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] said...

I dont usually like cold salads, but I can totally understand the hoopla over this one! It looks yummy! I wish I lived in your house :P :P

Sanghi said...

Looks great ria!

asha said...

i will definetly try this ..:)
btw wats frankfurters ?

Jamie said...

Yum Ria! That is one luscious pasta salad! Love it!

♥♥♥Ria♥♥♥ said...

Asha- Those are long sausages :)

Lena Rashmin Raj said...

woww..yummy and healthy recipe.. :)

Parita said...

I love pasta salads, i often have it in my lunch :)

Michelle said...

I love sweet red pepper and just the color makes everything taste so much better.

This salad sure does sound good and I'm copying the recipe!

Michelle

Ivy said...

The pasta salad sure sounds good and with a few changes it can become much healthier as well as reduce the calories. I have been into healthy cooking myself after some health problems, so hope you don't mind if I point out these changes. You can make your own mayo with olive oil, skip the parmesan or use low fat cheese, instead of fresh cream, add low fat yoghurt and instead of frankfurt sausages (I would skip them completely, as you have used chicken) I would use grilled chicken sausages.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What a scrumptious looking salad! i love that combo, yummy!

Cheers,

Rosa

*sangi* said...

Ria,
Macaroni,frankfurters,chicken,corn kernels...interesting combination!
Hope it tastes gr8...tnx ketto

Swapna said...

Hey Ria last weekend I tried this recipe of your's....and it came out really good...thanks dear and will definitely make again:)

Divya Vikram said...

I can never resist pasta salad. This looks so good!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...