Ria's Collection: IT'S MY 1ST BIRTHDAY!!

Monday, October 12, 2009

IT'S MY 1ST BIRTHDAY!!



Re-wind:


12 Oct '08


She was typing out recipes for her friend which was almost an everyday business. Her younger brother (15 yr old) who was watching her asked, 'What is that you type out everyday?' . She said, 'Recipes'. He was quite for a few seconds and then he asked,'Why don't you start a blog?' and that left her puzzled!


I absolutely had no idea what a blog was. Ritchie was the one who showed me what that was and how I can sign in and create my space for free. Anything FREE is always welcome :)


I had no clue how I had to move forward, but having lil common sense left in me, I figured it out in less than half an hour :) So what next! Which recipe should I post for the world to see ?( I thought that the very moment I typed it out, millions would check it! DUMBO! :P ) I finally chose my favourite biscuit pudding recipe.


I didn't know anything about commenting. And I din't know when I would be getting one. So days passed by so did months! :D And one day when I opened my e-mail, I saw the very first comment!! I was so happy, beyond words!


It was as follows:





Divya Kudua said...




Hi Ria..came here from Mishmash..I make a similar choc-biscuit pudding.It would help if you could add pictures of your dish..happy blogging!!

Thank you Divya! You have no idea how happy I was that day!
But I was lazy , never updated except for once every month.
It was in April that I started blogging in full swing! All thanks to these lovely ladies for inspiring me :Hetal & Anjua, Manjula Aunty, Shn & Archana


12 Oct '09


Here I am, proud to celebrate my 'bloggie's ' first birthday!! :) I am sure she had a good ride with all your support! If it wasn't for your motivation and comments, I would have stopped it long back! :)


Thank you all so much for being there for my bloggie :) Don't go away! :)



















25 Comments:

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Best wishes on your first blog anniversary and many more here. It is always amazing when one looks back on the previous year. :)

Tina said...

Best wishes dear.....

Tina said...

Best wishes dear........Happy Anniversary....Enjoy.......

Pari Vasisht said...

Heartiest Congrats Ria. Wish you that you celebrate many more of them.

Twinsy Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary Ria..

Divya Kudua said...

Happy Blogiversary Ria..:).So good to see your blog completing a year..may you have many many more blogiversaries..:)

Expected a super exciting cake or a dessert alongside..:)

s said...

awww..such a lovely post..congrats on the milestone

CurryLeaf said...

HAPPY BLOGVERSARY RIA,WISHING MANY MANY MANY MORE YEARS OF BLOGGING AND FAME (SAW YOUR PREVIOUS POST).

Namitha said...

Congratulations Ria...That's so exciting :-)

Ambika said...

Congratulations Ria!!! Wish you many many more!

Janice said...

Happy Birthday Ria's Blog.

Unknown said...

Happy blogiversary Ria! Wishing you many more milestones!

Sanghi said...

Wow.. happy bloggie anniversary ria..!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Bloggie dear!! :) Hope you have many many more to come!

Shabs.. said...

Happy blogoversary Ria!!Its nice to have u and ur recipes around...

Sushma Mallya said...

Happy blog anniversary ria...wish there many many more to come...keep it going...

Ivy said...

Happy blogoversary Ria and let's see more videos!!

Ann said...

Happy Blog birthday! Look how far you've come!

Michelle said...

HEY sweetie! Happy Bloggie Birthday! And hope to see many more!

Lena Jayadev said...

Happy blog anniversary dear.. :)
this snap is awesome.. :)

Mystery mom said...

wow ria! 1 year????? congrats........ ur doing a great job... thanks for inspiring many like me to bake! manju

Unknown said...

Happy Blogoversary!!! Sorry I'm so late!! Your blog has come a long way since it's started! Congratulations! :)

Mishmash ! said...

:)

Congrats... and wishing u many more celebrations here :)

mathew said...

sorry for being late here..was away from blogs for sometime...congrats on the anniversary...i think you have achieved a lot over this period of time...and wishes for more to come.:-)

saffronapron.blogspot.com said...

Congrats! You've come a long way. God bless for many more years to come. Happy blogging and glad that I got to know u n ur blog:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...