- Clean the scampi and let the head remain intact.
- Make a thick paste using red chilli powder, turmeric powder,salt and water.
- Coat the scampi with it and shallow fry it,covered. It takes much more time than prawns as it is very thick and fleshy.
- Serve hot with rice.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
- Mix the warm milk with warm ghee.
- Mix Besan with ghee & milk mixture and keep aside for 5-6 mins.
- Rum the flour through a medium holed sieve to give it texture.
- In a non-stick pan, heat ghee and fry besan on low flame until light golden & fragrant.Stir continously.
- Switch of the stove & add the cardamom powder and sugar and mix well.Let it cool.
- Form ladoos & garnish them with cashew nuts.
- Store in airtight containers.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Place the chopped chocolate in a medium sized stainless steel bowl. Set aside. Heat the cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a whisk until smooth. If desired, add the liqueur. Cover and place in the refrigerator until the truffle mixture is firm (this will take several hours or overnight).
Place your coatings for the truffles on a plate. Remove the truffle mixture from the refrigerator. With your hands, or else a melon baller or small spoon form the chocolate into round or mis-shaped bite-sized balls. Immediately roll the truffle in the coating and place on a parchment lined baking sheet or tray. Cover and place in the refrigerator until firm. Truffles can be refrigerated for a couple of weeks or else frozen for a couple of months. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Makes 30 small truffles
They are decadent and silky smooth! Never knew these brown beauties would be so easy to work with! We love ganache at home , so I knew this would be an instant hit and boy! I was not wrong! :)
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
MINI CHICKEN & BELL PEPPER SPRING ROLLS
- Mix everthing together and form a soft dough. Leave it aside for 10 mins.
- Divide them into lime sized balls and roll out into thin flat discs.
- Heat a flat pan, and cook them only on one side. Make sure you don't end up with dark brown spots on them because they will be too dry to roll up.
- Continue with the other wrappers in the same manner.
- Heat oil, and saute ginger garlic paste.
- Add the vegetables and mix well. Cover and cook them till they turn soft making sure you give them a good stir often.
- Add the soya sauce & salt.
- If you want it to be more spicy, add some black pepper powder.
- Use this to fill the wrappers.
- Put the filling on the uncooked side of the wrapper
- Check this video to see the rolling up of the wrapper with the filling inside .
- Deep fry and serve hot with a sauce of your choice.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
- Wash the gram very well under running water.
- Soak green gram in 4 cups water for 20 mins.Drain.
- Using a pressure cooker, cook the gram using 1 1/2 cup water and salt.
- Grind shallots,garlic and dry red chillies together.
- Heat oil, add the ground paste and saute till you get a nice aroma.
- Add the cooked gram and mix well but carefully so that it doesn't get pasty.
- If you like a drier version, pour another 2-3 tbsp oil and saute well.
- Add pepper to spice up the dish.
- Garnish with curry leaf and serve hot with kanji/rice