Friday, May 21, 2010

MOCHA-CHOCOLATE MASCARPONE VERRINE... a perfect accident!

Would you like a food accident? Yes or maybe no. But in this case, my answer would be YES! YES! YESS! ;)

I had some left over cheese and cream from my No-Bake Tiramisu Cheesecake and  I had to do something with it. And I happen to have some chocolate cake & some small glasses.I didn't have to think for a minute longer, because I knew I am going to pile them up into the glasses and enjoy them for our dinner.


We both love something sweet after our meal, it need not be an elaborate dessert, even a small piece of chocolate would do. So I have a slot for making desserts,every now and then ;)

This is a simple, yet an elegant dessert . But let me tell you, it tastes as good as it looks, maybe more but not less. It was soft and creamy and lush! And I have to say that we both agreed this is much better than patissierie ones!

MOCHA - CHOCOLATE MASCARPONE VERRINE
My own recipe
Serves-2

Ingredients:
Chocolate cake- 4 slices ( Can use brownies too)
Homemade Mascarpone cheese-100g
Whipped cream-150g
Strong coffee solution-1/4 cup
Sugar -2 tbsp or to taste
Simple syrup-1/4 cup [Equal qty of water and sugar boiled and cooled]

Topping:
Salted Caramel Ganache/ Melted chocolate

Method:
Whip the cream into stiff peaks with sugar to taste.
Fold the cheese into the whipped cream .
Fold in the strong coffee solution.

Assembly:
Cut out 4 rounds of cake from the slices and line 2 glasses with it.
Moisten it with the simple syrup and put a dollop or two of the cream.
Cover it with another round piece of the cake, moisten it and put a dollop or two of the cream on it.
Cover the top with melted chocolate/ganache.Chill till needed.
Decorate it with strawberries and a French Macaron (optional) for that exquisite look.


Verdict: I hesitate to taste-test the food I make, for a simple reason that I feel full after the whole process. Yes, just the look of the food sometimes fills my stomach. So, as usual , Jobin offered to take a bite. He was in loss for words, but I could see a big big smile on his face and I did not need anything else to dive in...and that's it! All I could hear in  a minute was the scrape-scrape sound , I would rather call it music...music to my ears I should say ;)

I have request from him, never-ending I must say, to make this dessert again. But I will wait so that our craving is going to be too strong to resist so that we can enjoy it the same way as we did the first time ;)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! This one is quite busy for me...I am in charge of the dessert section for 2 nights back to back and guess I am making this one again! :)

17 Comments:

Sayantani said...

thats truly luscious!amazing

Happy Cook said...

Looks so so yumm, i love that it is made with chcolate cake that is double delicousness.

Prerna said...

The first that came into my mind as soon as I opened your blog was Gosh! that looks luscious and later got to read that you thought the same after eating it :-)
I love such sweet accidents!

Nithya said...

Looks truly yummy.. Feeling like grabbing the glass from the pic :)

Rajesh &Shankari said...

Such accidents are always good.

Fathima said...

that is truely a divine looking dessert!

A_and_N said...

It looks great! I can so se myself making this when I have guests ;) on consecutive days.

AdukalaVishesham said...

that looks divine....such accidents are fully worth it..

Jagruti said...

Hi Ria
heard about you lot, but never found your blog and today I am here..such a lovely space with great dishes...dessert looks tempting and beautifully presentation...

Do visit me if you can..

cheers

Chaitra said...

Hi ria,
lovely blog with beaitifully captured pics,i m going mad seeing all ur recipes.This looks inviting.....
Drop in sometime ....

Divya Kudua said...

I wouldn't mind such accidents at all..seriously,stuff which looks as good would no doubt taste better..:)

sowmya's creative saga said...

looks so pretty and delicious..

Swapna said...

This looks so delicious Ria!!! Awasome pics...

anubhavati said...

Oh Ria,

Mascarpone and Chcocolate and Strong Coffee Solution? oh thats a killer....Enjy the good times as they come...Salute`!!!

Shobha

Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] said...

The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was that it looks so professional, and so patisserie-style. You said the same thing! :D :D

CJ said...

hi Ria...
I tried out this recipe n guess wat???my kids finished it off b4 we cud get hold on it!!!!gonna make it once more for them...thanx a lot dear for such a simple,creamy,silky n of course tasty dessert.....

Janani said...

wow they look so cool love ittttttttttt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...