Wednesday, October 24, 2012

THE BEST CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIES

Collage 1


I feel like it's been forever since I blogged about food.Ever since Ian Vaava came into our lives,I know I've neglected my blog.I think it's because he is a perfect entertainer that I forgot about things which entertained me before. So to make sure I don't lose touch, I organised a Baking Demonstration,here in Kannur. I spoke about it here and here and the feedback was awesome!

Let's Bake 2

The menu was set but at the last minute I had to make some changes due to ingredient availability issues. Nevertheless,everybody seemed to have enjoyed the class according to the feedback I received  I've never met any of them in person before even though we have interacted quite a lot over facebook chat sessions. It was indeed a day well spent interacting with each one of them.I am planning to have another Demo, just for Layered cakes, if time permits.

The Best Chocolate Fudge Brownies

I've been baking these brownies for years now and it's been relished by all who have tasted it.So,naturally this recipe was my first option when the ingredient issues came up. Every time I thought about posting this recipe before,I realised there are quite a few brownie recipes here,already! All of them are good but at the end of the day, if you ask me what's my most favourite...I would pinpoint at this one.It's dense, fudgy,super rich and intensely chocolate-y.

The Best Chocolate Fudge Brownies

You can of course break the monotony of chocolate (?) by adding your choice of nuts.Not that walnuts are my first choice but in a brownie, I love walnuts.When Jobin's momma came to see our Ian, she brought some walnuts. I've been saving up those for something like this...even then at he last minute, I forgot about it,as you can see! So here's the recipe if you feel like baking some.

THE BEST CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIES
The Best Chocolate Fudge Brownies Recipe from Baked,New Frontiers in Baking

Ingredients:
300g dark chocolate
200g salted butter
1 tsp instant coffee powder
2 c sugar,powdered
5 eggs
1 1/4 c flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder

Method:Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Line an 8 inch square tin with parchment or grease proof paper.
In a large bowl,add the chopped chocolate,butter,coffee powder and melt them together in a microwave oven.Add the sugar and stir till dissolved.Add 3 eggs and whisk it in. Break in the next 2 eggs and just stir it in. Now, with a rubber spatula,fold in the flour and cocoa powder. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared tin and bake for 35-40 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs.Let it cool in the tin completely.Cut into squares and indulge!

I don't know when I'll be back again on a regular basis. I promise you, I won't be gone forever.Babies grow up quickly and I am not going to miss that if I can help it .There,I said it! :-) Just in case you bake these, let me know how you liked it. You can serve these with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or  dollop of whippedcream,if you prefer.

15 Comments:

Krithi Karthi said...

Ian is super-cute.. Very true that little ones keep you engaged and entertained and make you forget other things :D
Our Little Kavin is 4 months old and I totally get what you say!!

Az said...

You son is so cute, MahsaAllah. The brownie looks perfect!

Manju said...

hey ria,
Brownies look great...would you be able to give US measurements too (in cups) , as I don't have a weighing scale and measuring in grams is difficult for me.

Thanks in advance, give my hi to aunty and uncle and to lil Ian!

Nupur said...

Your Son is super cute Ria .. !! :D

Brownies look perfect, love the cups kept behind..

Beans said...

Hey Ria, i hv 2 boys and they make me realise tat moms are made of some iron steel plus rock combo:)...ur baby boy looks so cute..enjoy every lil thing..and keep comin bk for more love frm bloggers...cos apparently we all love ur blog...

Ria Mathew said...

Thanks everyone!
Manju, sorry! Maybe you use the online conversion charts which are available? Will convey your regards :)

Rose from Magpies Recipes said...

Aww look at those chubbu cheeks! They look even more delicious than the awesome brownies :) I love the Baked cookbook too! Had made the biscoff cookies from there and they were really yum!

Divya said...

Aww..look at your little superman, how yummilicious is he..and oh the brownies looks gr8 but someome else stole the show :)

Chella KS Nathan said...

how do expect me to see the brownie when ian is looking so much yummier in his superman shirt? god he is so cute and wonderful. glad u r back and i really wish i could come to ur baking class. hats off to u:)

CJ said...

love ur lil superman's expression,"wat r these ladies upto???"....

Aswini Sofia said...

Ur brownies have turned out so delicious.. i have made brownies inthe past , but has never turned out so well. Thank u for taking ur time out and posting amazing and super easy recipies. My best wishes to u. Aswini

Phenomenal Woman said...

Hi I have just found your blog and am a new follower! Your son is super gorgeous and I am looking forward to trying out some of your delicious recipes! It would be great for you to some and visit my blog!
Crissy xx
bloggitymoo.blogspot.com

myweekendfoodexperiments said...

Hi Ria! Its great to see your post, i come back to blog everyday hoping to see an update. God bless your lil one, he is absolutely adorable.... touchwood!!!!
As always your photographs are mouth watering. Enjoy your motherhood!

Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] said...

This recipe is my favorite too, it's a regular at home. Btw, your son is absolutely adorable. I remember talking to you about how you were going to get married 'soon', can't believe you're a mom now!!

Deepa said...

Ria its so nice to c the lil superman..hes adorable.Just wanted to remind you that we will definately be around untill you are ready..ur priority is your baby Ian...till then maybe Jobin can take over?????
Hey im just impressed with the 3 ingredient cookie...thts all !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...