Ria's Collection: A CAKE FOR A BABY SHOWER - 4

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A CAKE FOR A BABY SHOWER - 4

IMG_1929
Honey is my soul sister. We were aware of each other's existence, thanks to our food blogs! We were friends on Facebook and that was pretty much what we knew about each other. On a rainy afternoon in June 2013,while Ian was fast asleep, I was scrolling through my Instagram feed,and a particular photograph caught my attention. It was a black and white photograph of rain and the building in the picture looked very familiar. That's when I read the caption which Honey wrote...rain watching in Minneapolis.

I  messaged her immediately,asking if she was free the next day, to meet up for coffee. Things took a turn and we met as a family for Brunch the next day, in one of my most favourite cafe's in Downtown Minneapolis,a few blocks away from our Condo.Ian was just 10 months old then and I must say, he really liked Honey.I am very glad that the feeling is mutual!
The rest is history and a very good one at that! We lived 4 blocks away from each other for a few months,till they moved to their own sweet home, 'Kilikoodu' which means Nest in Malayalam.
IMG_1932
When it was time for me to bake a cake for her Baby Shower, the only theme I could think about was a 'Kilikoodu'. It was a surprise shower and I was really hoping that they wouldn't bump into any of the other guests that we had invited. Luckily, everything went really smooth! It was a tall 6 inch Funfetti cake that I baked from scratch with a tinted Vanilla Buttercream. It was a good one, if I may say so myself.

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...