Ria's Collection: OREO TRUFFLES

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

OREO TRUFFLES

Oreo Truffle
This takes the #1 spot on the most requested items during Christmas season from Ian. Every time I mention the word 'Christmas Party', he makes sure that I have written this item on my to-make list. I usually don't make the Christmas treats throughout the year, it's made only around the last week of November.It's just to keep the excitement going and to have some special treats around the house during the most lovely time of the year!

Oreo Truffle
It's funny how they know which aisle carries the cookies when we go grocery shopping. For Ian, it's easy since he can read but Zara kind of takes a cue from her elder brother and tells us which direction to push the cart! They hold on to that precious packet of Oreo cookies as if it's the last packet on the face of this planet! I cannot blame them, I rarely buy packaged stuff for them due to the long list of ingredients that goes into making most of them.
Oreo Truffle
These Oreo truffles are delectable little bites of heaven! I have to admit that I have lost my sweet tooth off late which  I am extremely happy about but that doesn't really stop me from enjoying these treats once a year. They are so easy to make and looks very pretty when served on a platter. This is a simple recipe that you can make along with your kids. To make your life easier, use a 1 tablespoon measure cookie scoop, if you have one. I use them and it makes the process really fast! You can decorate these Oreo Truffles with sprinkles, dragees, chopped toasted nuts or even drizzle them with chocolate. I have been seeing a whole lot of different ideas like making an Ornament, a Snowman, a Reindeer etc using these as a base on the internet.
Oreo Truffle

OREO TRUFFLES
Oreo Truffle Makes 25-30 pieces

Ingredients:
400 grams Oreo cookies
225 grams cream cheese, at room temperature

450 grams almond bark / compound chocolate of your choice

Method: Blitz the cookies to a fine powder along with the cream. Dump the powdered cookies into a large bowl,add the cream cheese to it and mix well to combine. You can use a food processor or a hand mixer for it.
Form them into 1 tablespoon sized little balls and freeze for 25-30 minutes.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Melt the coating chocolate as mentioned on the package and dip the frozen cookie balls in it one at a time with the help of a fork. Place the dipped cookie balls carefully over the parchment paper, sprinkle with toppings if needed and let them chill in the refrigerator for an hour. Once set, transfer to a container and store in the fridge until needed. Serve cold.

If you want to drizzle melted chocolate over it, do so once the dipped truffles are fully set.
I like to use white chocolate for dipping the truffles, not only for the taste but for the contrast in colours especially when bitten into.


Oreo Truffle
I wish I could pinpoint a source that I got this recipe from, it's pretty much all over the internet. When I first made them, I followed a recipe I found online but this year I went with my own proportion of what I thought would be right. I didn't want to have extra cookies lying around the house. The Oreo packages we get here are pretty big in size, so use one packet that weighs 400 grams. I've used the regular kind here, not the double stuff. I feel that might make the truffles a bit too soft with the extra filling inside the cookie.

Do give this recipe a try this year. I am sure your kids would give you an extra hug for it...I am talking from experience! ;-)

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...