Weekend's are usually my experimenting( read happy) days and on the contrary scary days for my family! :P Sometime last week Amma came up with this brilliant idea of NO COOKING on Sundays so that she can do a lot of other work which included cleaning,dusting of the house etc... and I readily supported Amma! And you won't believe what Appan said just after that!! GUESS!!
No 'BAKERY' too!! :( He calls me a 'bakery' purposely not a 'baker'! Every time I bake something he asks me whether the bakery is in action! :P But I did not succumb to his announcement!
So last Sunday evening, I was craving for something spicy...definatley not something heavy like rice dishes instead something simple n quick! And that's when I remembered the snack I had bookmarked really looooong back! Chicken Gold Coin! The name was soo inviting esp when the gold prices touched 11 K + recently! :P We usually get this in a restaurant here but for some weird reason they don't have it on their menu anymore :( So as usual...same Ria! You don't get to buy them?? Then make them !! :D
Chicken Gold Coin
Chicken Gold Coin
Recipe slightly adapted from Sanjeev Kapoor
Chicken mince- 250 g
Ginger garlic paste - 2 1/2 tsp
Green chilly paste - I ground 2 green chillies ( as per your spice tolerance level)
Soya sauce- 1 tbsp
Aji-no-moto(MSG)- a pinch ( purely optional)
White sesame seeds- for sprinkling ( I din't have any in my pantry )
White bread slices-10-12
- Mince the chicken once more which makes it easier to handle and form smaller balls.
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste,chopped onions,soya sauce,cornflour, 1 egg, MSG to the mince and mix well.
- Cut out small roundsof 1 1/2" diameter from the bread slices and brush them with the remaining 1 egg (slighly beaten) on one side. ( I used my flower shaped cookie cutter)
- Divide the mince and form into small balls and keep them on the bread cut-outs ( on the side brushed with egg) and press slightly .
- Sprinle sesame. Press lightly.
- Refrigerate for 15 mins.
- Heat oil. Fry face down for 30 secs and turn and fry for 15 secs.
- Serve hot with a sauce of your choice.
This is a super easy snack and was a BIG hit at home! So I guess I won't be banned from my 'Bakery ' on weekends! :) Me and my Amma wanted to know whether the croutons would still remain crunchy after sometime ...so kept aside one piece for some 30 mins ... but it still remained crunchy and perfectly yumm! So all those who have been thinking of making it ahead... Just do it! :D
Have a great day!!