Ria's Collection: Jam Filled Cookie - My type of cookie :)

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Jam Filled Cookie - My type of cookie :)



I love jam treats!! I love jam centres! :) So when I ate this for the first time I was madly in love with it more because it had butter too!! I love the sweet and salty combo of jam + butter! :) even if its on bread ....yummmm!!!!
I was 'hit' by fever last week and so I couldn't be active enough in the kitchen :P So the minute fever left me this was what I made! It was so relaxing! Usually I don't like cut-out cookies much because they take forever to finish with BUT this was an exception &I loved every minute of it!! :) Especially when you need to fill the cookies with jam and sandwich them! Bliss!!! :)

Jam Filled Cookie
Recipe courtsey: Southern Living Cookie Cookbook

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened

½ cup sifted powdered sugar

2 ½ cup all purpose flour

1 tsp vanilla extract

½ cup raspberry/strawberry/mixed fruit preserve

Method:

  • Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until light & fluffy. Add flour and vanilla, mixing well. Shape dough into a ball.
  • Roll out the dough and cut out rounds, equal in nos. (You need 2 types: one solid round, another round with a smaller round in the centre i.e.; doughnut shaped)
  • Your browser may not support display of this image.Pierce solid cookies with a fork. Bake at 300 deg for 20 mins on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake till very lightly browned.
  • Spread jam just before serving & sandwich one solid cookie with the doughnut shaped cookie.

Try this out & get addicted!!! I have seen these sometimes on the shelves of Ann's bakery BUT I prefer mine better!! :) More buttery,fresh & definately O-So-Moreish!! I usually sandwich them with store bought Mixed Fruit Jam... love it! :)

24 Comments:

Divya Kudua said...

Yummee yummee:).Have made Jam centred cookies but this one's even better..lovely!!

Unknown said...

These cookies look delicious!! Yumm! I've never made such cookies before, so I cant wait to try these!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

They are so pretty! A delicious treat!

Cheers,

Rosa

jayasree said...

Yummy treats. Looks gorgeous.

Ivy said...

They look beautiful and I am sure they tasted great.

Rachel said...

When I run out of these cookies, I jam marie biscuits.....

foodcreate said...

So sinful seeming treats Yummmmmm:)

thanks for sharing your recipe:)


Have a wonderful Day!

Zoe said...

I love these so much! So buttery and melt in your mouth good!

Anonymous said...

Jam filled butter cookies are some of the best desserts out there! Bookmarked!

Liz said...

Wow! They are really cute and look so perfect!

Sanghi said...

Looks lovely!

Lena Jayadev said...

Ria.......This one is amazing...as u z, just like uu :)
wonderful snap n beautiful presentation.. :)

lubnakarim06 said...

Oh wow.....looks yummylicious....

Parita said...

Wow cookies have come out perfect ria! very pretty!

Vera said...

How pretty!

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Akshaya was just telling me she wanted jam cookies too, but the thumbprints I was telling you about.

So you've got your baking genes from your mum. Lucky you!:)

Deeva said...

Now I want to go make some jam filled cookies, maybe with some peanut butter in them. Good looking cookies!!!

Ria Mathew said...

Thank you thank you everyone ! :)

Pari Vasisht said...

Hi! This is my first visit to your blog, must say a good one dear.Do find time to dig into my space and leave a note for me.

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Wow this is looking so so perfect..

Palidor said...

I think that all filled cookies take on a special quality. These look melt-in-your-mouth delicious!

Naseela said...

WOW!! Definitely gonna try them out ASAP

Unknown said...

Buttery and perfectly crisp cookies ♥️
Tastes absolutely yum with and without the jam.

Unknown said...

Buttery and perfectly crisp cookies♥️
Tastes amazing with and without the jam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...