We all LOVE pizza! And it was something I have never made from scratch...especially the base. So after a small brainstorming session with Amma we decided upon making a pizza :) And the happiest person to hear the decision was my brother! :D He just can't resist a good pizza...
Makes enough for one small, thin crust pizza. Double it if you like your pizza thick and bready.
1 1/2 cups flour (can replace up to half of this with whole wheat flour)
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
1/2 cup lukewarm water (may need up to 1 or 2 tablespoons more)
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Stir dry ingredients, including yeast, in a large bowl. Add water and olive oil, stirring mixture into as close to a ball as you can. Dump all clumps and floury bits onto a lightly floured surface and knead everything into a homogeneous ball.
- If you are finding this step difficult, one of the best tricks I picked up from my bread-making class is to simply pause. Leave the dough in a lightly-floured spot, put the empty bowl upside-down on top of it and come back in 2 to 5 minutes, at which point you will find the dough a lot more lovable.
- Knead it for just a minute or two. Lightly oil the bowl where you had mixed it — one-bowl recipe! — dump the dough in, turn it over so all sides are coated, cover it in plastic wrap and leave it undisturbed for an hour or two, until it has doubled in size.
- Dump it back on the floured counter and gently press the air out of the dough with the palm of your hands. Fold the piece into an approximate ball shape, and let it sit under that plastic wrap for 20 more minutes.
- Sprinkle a pizza stone or baking sheet with cornmeal and preheat your oven to its top temperature. Roll out the pizza, toss on whatever topping and seasonings you like.
- Bake it for about 10 minutes until it’s lightly blistered and impossible to resist.
- Marninate the chicken pieces with everything except cornflour and leave aside for 30 mins.
- Drain the excess marinade , add cornflour and mix well.
- Fry the pieces in oil.
- Mix with 1 tbsp of the sauce to keep the chicken succulent.
- Roll out the base.
- Smear the sauce, grate some cheese over it.
- Sprinkle some chilli flakes over it.
- Arrange the chicken pieces.
- Grate some cheese over it again.
- BAKE!!! :)