Ria's Collection: It's tart time! ♥Buttery Jam Tarts♥

Friday, August 14, 2009

It's tart time! ♥Buttery Jam Tarts♥


Jam tarts and my brother are the best friends! He can gobble up the whole batch in just one go...like how he did this morning :) I remeber baking a separate batch for him otherwise I would be left with just 1 or 2 to carry with me back to the hostel :P This has been an all time favourite with our family. Roshini, my cuz who is here with me for a week now wanted to learn to bake these jam beauties. And I am never hesitant to help someone with baking :P! And what you see here now is our effort ( LOL! it was a breeze making it actually) :)

These will melt in your mouth and they are so simple n easy to prepare. It hardly takes 20 mins right from preparation-cooking-eating time :)

And I have something very happy to announce today! This is my last day at work! Woo hoo!! So Ria will be an unemployed blogger from now on! :)♥♥

Jam Tarts
Makes 12

Ingredients:
Flour-115g
Butter-60g [chilled ]
Baking powder-1/2tsp
Water-4-5 drops
Jam

Method:

  • Mix flour and baking powder together.
  • Add the butter and rub it with your fingertips till it resembles breadcrumbs.
  • Line the tart tins and fill 2/3 of the tart with jam. ( I divide the dough into 12, and spread in each tart tin separately by rotating the tin and spreading the dough at the same time)
  • Bake at 180 degress for 15 mins or till done.
  • De-mould when cooled (be careful, the hot molten jam with fall out on your hands otherwise! I had done it once! OUCH! )

If you are a jam-treat lover like me...be prepared to fall in love with these :) They are delicious to the last bite! Nom nom nom! :)
Happy weekend everybody!! It's the best weekend ever for me :) Just kidding! Love my work but had to re-sign so that I can start SHOPPING for my wedding which is on 15 Feb 2010

17 Comments:

Jamie said...

These are really lovely little tartlets and I so want to make them. Great!

Pari Vasisht said...

Absolute yummy tarts Ria, and ur brother is one lucky guy. Enjoy ur freedom days. Check out my Mango hearts I have posted today,I think u will like them

Divya Kudua said...

Jam tarts were my favorites..I used to have it from Best bakers..:).Funny how we forget something which was so dear to us.I don't remember having it lately and I am surprised why I never checked for a recipe for the same..:)

Looks pretty pretty..should try it out..:).Hot jam from the tart...ouch..:(

Justin said...

these are so cute

Nithya said...

Terribly cute tarts.. :) I wish I could learn it from you personally.. :) I have never tried them at home and yeah I just love jam treat.

Enjoy being at home.. this is the right time you can enjoy absolute attention from all at home.. this is what mom tells me every day. :) as I am in a pretty much similar situation like you. :)

So shopaholic lady is gonna shop for 6 months ah.. ha ha.. yeah I know wedding shopping would demand that much of time :) Good luck dear. Hoping to see more of blogging from you :)

saffronapron.blogspot.com said...

Another stunner. Ur pics seem to be improving by the day :)

Sanghi said...

Yummy perfect tart ria!

Unknown said...

Tarts look divine! And cute with the jam inside!

Parita said...

Oh these look so cute and delicious!

Ammu said...

Looks delicious & tempting Ria. Nice entry.

Unknown said...

The tarts look great! I love jammy things :P

You finally quit!! 6 months and you'll be a Mrs.!! WOW!! :) :)

Audax said...

WOW so many good things are happening to you, no job now and a wedding to buy for and these lovely jam tarts all wonderful!!!! Congrats on all the great things that are happening to you. Cheers from Audax

OBTW are they such things as Kerala Dosas I want to make Dosas and I thought the most beautiful place in the World would have it own unique dosas if you have a good recipe could you visit my blog and send me a link to a recipe. Audax

Ann said...

Jam tarts - now that takes me down memory lane....on the flip side - I hope the recent unemployment is by choice! ;-)!!

mathew said...

congrats!!!:)
shoppin already..so u plan to make the poor chap bankrupt soon!;-P

S.N said...

Looks Goood...will try sumtym aftr Ramadan....happy shopping :)

Priya dharshini said...

i luv tarts.. ur is crispy and thin.. best wishes for ur wedding..have a great shopping

Archana said...

Loved these tarts. Need to tell you that for the first time I participated in a cookery competition and guess what my entry was? Jam tarts & I have been informed that I have won a prize for it. Thanks I owe it to you.


I am hosting Fast Food not Fat Foot event. Do check out my event and send me your entries.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...