Jam tarts and my brother are the best friends! He can gobble up the whole batch in just one go...like how he did this morning :) I remeber baking a separate batch for him otherwise I would be left with just 1 or 2 to carry with me back to the hostel :P This has been an all time favourite with our family. Roshini, my cuz ♥ who is here with me for a week now wanted to learn to bake these jam beauties. And I am never hesitant to help someone with baking :P! And what you see here now is our effort ( LOL! it was a breeze making it actually) :)
These will melt in your mouth and they are so simple n easy to prepare. It hardly takes 20 mins right from preparation-cooking-eating time :)
And I have something very happy to announce today! This is my last day at work! Woo hoo!! So Ria will be an unemployed blogger from now on! :)♥♥
Butter-60g [chilled ]
- Mix flour and baking powder together.
- Add the butter and rub it with your fingertips till it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Line the tart tins and fill 2/3 of the tart with jam. ( I divide the dough into 12, and spread in each tart tin separately by rotating the tin and spreading the dough at the same time)
- Bake at 180 degress for 15 mins or till done.
- De-mould when cooled (be careful, the hot molten jam with fall out on your hands otherwise! I had done it once! OUCH! )
If you are a jam-treat ♥ lover like me...be prepared to fall in love with these :) They are delicious to the last bite! Nom nom nom! :)
Happy weekend everybody!! It's the best weekend ever for me :) Just kidding! Love my work but had to re-sign so that I can start SHOPPING for my♥ wedding♥ which is on ♥15 Feb 2010 ♥