My brother L.O.V.E.S doughnuts and everytime I used to come home from my hostel in Bangalore, this was the only thing that he asked me to get for him. And it was the same story for 5 years!I studied in Mount Carmel College, Bangalore and all those who studied there will give a testimonial for the famous sugar doughnuts that we used to get in our canteen. They were BIG and fluffy. I was warned by Tia, my cousin that that would be one thing all freshers were addicted upon :) And I proved it RIGHT! :)
I had tried some versions and all of them turned out like biscuits in texture :D But this one was really soft and nice.SUGAR DOUGHNUTS
Recipe source: Kaipunyam
Melted butter-2 tbsp
Baking powder-1 tbsp
Oil-for deep frying
Powdered sugar- for dusting
- Mix together flour, salt ,baking powder and sugar. Add the melted butter.
- Add beaten egg and milk to it and form a smooth dough.
- Roll out into 1/4" thickness and cut out into doughnut shapes.
- Deep fry them in hot oil.
- Dust with powdered sugar.