Ria's Collection: CHOCOLATE COVERED BISCUITS...perfect for the season!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

CHOCOLATE COVERED BISCUITS...perfect for the season!

"DECK THE BLOG WITH BOUGHS OF HOLLY  FA.. LA.. LA.. LA.."
 Twinsy Rachel (my reader)

I am so in love...with this season. I love everything about it! And moreover this is the season of baking in our house. I am pretty sure even our neighbours know it ;) We supply cakes to each one of them for X'mas every year :)


One of my readers, Sona called in 2 days ago. It is definately an 'experience' to meet one among them, getting to know them and listening to how they thought they would never meet the one behind the blog that they have been reading constantly :) It feels really good...and we connected very well!


We have been planning this meet for days together and finally we met. I had made a few goodies to welcome her home :) This was one of them...  I made some Vanilla cupcakes with a delicious frosting and she gorged on them...and I loved her for that! :) Because of which she couldn't eat these :D So I packed it for her and her hubby. Needless to say, her hubby ate it all and all she got was' just a bite! ' :D

CHOCOLATE COVERED BISCUITS

Ingredients:
Milk/Dark Chocolate - 150 g [I liked the milk chocolate coating better]
Marie biscuits- 18 nos.

Method:
  • Melt the chocolate in a microwave oven or by double boiling.
  • Dip the biscuits one by one and coat them with chocolate.
  • Use a fork to lift them up, tap once or twice so that the extra chocolate will drip off.
  • Place them very carefully over a wax paper/parchment and let them dry on the counter itself.
  • Wrap in colour paper and store them in an airtight container.
  • You can refrigerate them, but mine didn't last for so long! :)

So who else wants to come home?? C'mon! Give me a reason to bake people! :)

Try this out, it is very simple but  very rewarding! :) Pop them into a box, fasten the box with a satin ribbon and give them away to your friends and family! They will be so thankful...and will eagerly wait for the next X'mas! :D

11 Comments:

Divya Kudua said...

Hmm...they look so pretty Ria..Love your Xmas embellishments..:).By any chance,did you buy that stuff from Archies gallery..I saw some similar stuff,thats why:).Butter shortage theernno..have you started Xmas baking..??

Jamie said...

They are so pretty and now have me wanting to make Christmas treats and wrap them up all pretty like that as gifts. Gorgeous. And I love your pictures all filled with holiday spirit!

Nithya said...

Wow.. thats a simple yet absolutely interesting one.. Amazing clicks.. :)

Unknown said...

hey this look so beautiful. The recipe looks so simple & it has come out very neatly. Whenever I try to coat something with chocolate, it always become messy :(, any tips?? btw, I should say Sona is a very lucky girl :)

RV @ Food for 7 Stages said...

They look so beautiful just like the european chocolate cookie I bought few weeks ago... I guess I don't have to buy them again as you have shared a wonderful recipe.. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Ria!!!

amna said...

my mom used to make this for snack shops in school :)

Michelle said...

The Chocolate Biscuits sounds so good and not too sweet which is perfect for a late night snack.

Love your blog all decorated for Christmas. Counting the days until you move to VA!

Tina said...

What a great idea dear......Pretty cute cute biscuits...Iyoooooo ippo vene...

Madame Sucre said...

Ria Ria Ria! this is beautiful! more than beautiful for gifts!

Parita said...

So simple and perfect for gifts :-)

Twinsy Rachel said...

I remember tasting in the past... Quite easy peasy, right? tx for sharing.. Pinne, lucky Sona n ur neighbors.. as I said before so bad am not ur neighbor ;) Never thought my "deck the blog" wud get into front page :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...