This is a season of baking at home and I LOVE it! I was alone at home the other day and had absolutely lots to do nothing to do :) So I thought of browsing through my 3rd book fat recipe collection diary. And that's when I came across a recipe which my cousin shared with me.
Me and Roshini, we talk only about food.Every text message that we send across has food as the main topic :) And when I went to stay with her in September we had a blast trying out new stuff :) Well, is this season all about being nostalgic? Maybe, yes...after all it's a month of family get-togethers!
So here is the recipe that she shared with me and I am so thankful for that! It was really worth noting it down :)
Recipe source :Roshini who in fact got it from Good Housekeeping
Vanilla extract-1/2 tsp
Cornflakes, crushed-for coating
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar. Add in the egg yolk& vanilla extract and beat well.
- Add the flour and gently gather it together to form a ball.
- Divide them into 15 portions.
- Roll them on crushed cornflakes and bake for 20-22 mins.
- Cool them on wire racks and store in an air-tight container.
The name might sound odd during winters but this cookies definately creates a summer in your mouth :D It truly lives upto it's name :)
Hope y'all had a very pleasant weekend!
I am sending this post as an entry to Susan's Eat Christmas Cookies Season 3 event. You can check here for the round up!