Ria's Collection: ZEBRA CAKE ~ absolutely worth it! ~

Saturday, December 12, 2009

ZEBRA CAKE ~ absolutely worth it! ~

I have always been fascinated about this cake.There is nothing complicated though,but still :) And I did venture once, not with the below mentioned recipe, but another one  :D It ended up looking like a flower! LOL! Nevertheless it tasted good :)


Yesterday while I was blog hopping,I was in a mood for a cake, a simple one. I don't know why, but I suddenly had an urge to correct my flower into an animal ;) And within 10 mins the cake was in the oven!
I didn't want to cut it till this morning because I was unable to click pics then. For your kind information: No one in my house is allowed to even take a bite unless I finish my photosession :D But this time my dad broke my rule! :) My mom is out of town now, so I forgave him ;) How can I be strict then? LOL!


ZEBRA CAKE
Recipe as adapted from Farida's blog

Ingredients:
4 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup oil
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp dark cocoa ( I used Dutch-processed)

Method:
You can check Farida's blog for her step-by-step tutorial 

For all those who haven't yet tried this as yet, give it a shot! It is truly worth it! I was almost breathless when I cut into the cake : 

*I wasn't sure I would get the 100% Zebra effect
*It was so BEE-YOU-TI-FUL! :) *bliss*

Have a great weekend, lovelies! :)





19 Comments:

Tina said...

Perfect and tempting dear.......

Divya Kudua said...

It is indeed bee-yoo-tee-ful..:):)

Mona said...

Wow, looks perfectly done!

Ally said...

Ria:
It looks simply picture perfect!

Unknown said...

I've made this cake too!! Unfortunately, it didn't turn out as I'd hoped! It looked amazing, didn't taste good!! Yours looks beautiful!!

And I think all of us bloggers have this unwritted rule in our houses!!

Sreelekha Sumesh said...

So beautiful!!!Amazing!

Mythreyi Dilip said...

You are not only a great cook, u proved to be a great artist too!

I cant even think of preparing this, excellent dear:)

Amanda said...

I've been fascinated by this cake too and have it bookmarked. I love the wider stripes your has, so gorgeous!

Unknown said...

So So Pretty! Gorgeous! You got so perfect stripes!Same here. No one is allowed to touch until the photo session is over! :)

s said...

sucha pretty cake..a regular at my home..

Jamie said...

I am fascinated and amazed! I so want to try this short of really wanting to eat a piece! Fabulous Ria!

farida said...

Ria, your zebra cake looks so good! Love its neat stripes. Well done! So glad you used the recipe. Cheers!

Asha said...

hi i made this cake 2 weeks back with de same recipe..it came out perfect..but it wasnt sweet enough..

Twinsy Rachel said...

Stripy as a Zebra :) Well, this is one cake that I love to bake n the cake invokes questions from those who eat on the stripes..:) BEE-YOU-TI-FUL try :)

Pari Vasisht said...

The cake looks gorgeous, I have been wanting to bake this since ages, I hope this time I will try it soon.

? said...

Loved the snapshots and the results!

Julia said...

Hi Ria!
I looovvveee this cake! And yours turned out great!
How did you manage to get the stripes so wide? Mine are thin...
Did you just use bigger amounts of mix?

ILOVEYOURBLOG
Julia.

Manju @ Manjus Eating Delights said...

I cant take my eyes off this cake...one of the most creative and beautiful cakes I have seen so far :)

Miriam Korula said...

Ria...i have been meaning to try this cake since a long time....n i finally did it this Christmas season...it came out so well....i thgt it was a little less sweet n added a thin layer of chocolate creamy icing on top n it blew us away...:)..hope you had an awesome Christmas...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...