I am not boasting, but this is one of the creamiest cheesecakes I have ever tasted. The flavours in it are so subtle but it will keep you wanting for more! And this can be made in no-time!
NO-BAKE TIRAMISU CHEESECAKE
My own recipe
For the crust:
Glucose/Marie/Digestive biscuits-200g ( I used Parle-G )
Melted butter- 100g
- Crush the biscuits and mix it very well with the melted butter till it resembles coarse sand.
- Add the sugar and give it a quick mix.
- Pat it into the bottom of an 8" round loose bottom /springform tin. If you want, you can build up a bit on the sides too, like I did.
- Refrigerate it for 30 mins while you prepare the batter.
For the cheesecake batter:
Heavy cream/Amul cream-400g
Sugar-6-7 tbsp or to taste
Home made Mascarpone cheese-400g
Gelatin-1tbsp dissolved in 1 cup of water
Strong coffee- 3 tbsp
Rum-2 tbsp (optional)
- Whip the cream and sugar into stiff peaks. Fold in the mascarpone cheese into it.
- Melt gelatin either using the double boiling method or by in the microwave for 10 secs.
- Add the gelatin, rum and coffee and fold in carefully.
- Pour over the base and leave it to set in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache on top and decorate as you wish.
Chocolate-25 g ,chopped
Fresh cream/Heavy cream-25 ml
- Chop the chocolate and reserve it in a metal/glass bowl.
- Heat the cream till it starts to bubble over the edges.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and let it sit for minute or two.
- Stir it well with a spoon.
- Use as desired.
Verdict : It was really delicious! And I was jumping with joy when I cut through it...it set perfectly and the crust behaved so well! Now I know the secret to get a well behaving crust...add melted butter to it! Jobin's eyes widened with delight as he took the first bite...it was really good!