This is a short and sweet post, because I am quite held up these days with some work at home. So, that explains why I have just 2 photographs for this post. Sometimes I have my posts loaded with pictures and some have very few. It all depends on the time I have at hand, then. I wanted to click more, but time didn't permit me to do it. Maybe, next time ;-)
My own recipe
Red onions- 3 medium , chopped roughly
Dry red chillies-5, broken up
Tamarind paste/pulp- 1 -1 1/4 tsp (to your taste)
Urad dal- 1 tsp
- Heat a pan, add in the roughly chopped onions and pan fry them (without oil) till they turn light brown.
- In the same pan, our 1 tsp of oil and add in the broken dried red chillies and fry for 30 secs.
- Grind the cooled onions, dried red chillies, tamarind and salt together to a fine paste.
- Heat a pan, add in 2 tsp of oil, add in the urad dal and let it brown.
- Add in the ground paste and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Check for salt.
- Serve with hot ghee dosa/idli.