Phew! It's hot! These days are very hot in Minneapolis. The sun seems to be having a good time glaring down at us. I feel baked sometimes. Oh,I think it's good to know how our cake batter feels in the oven! 8-)
Summer brings it's own joy! Joys of wearing my sleeveless tops, skirts and shorts as well as fruits and BBQ! I love the BBQ part the most! Back home, Appan was the one in charge of BBQ on his made- to -order charcoal grill. It was a big affair then because sourcing the charcoal was not that easy as it is here, then to beat the humidity and heat of the coastal town while fanning the coal. Nothing can beat it's taste though!
We have our new Weber gas grill place out on our balcony on the 14th floor facing downtown Minneapolis. It's not only the view, the wind up here is so good! We can overlook the entire city ,enjoy the cool breeze and munch and sip on a hot summer evening! For me, I love the smell that my mint plant gives away when it sways in the breeze! It is very refreshing!
This has been my forever- favourite recipe!
BBQ-ed PORK SPARE RIBS
Recipe source: Amma
Pork spare ribs- 1 kg
Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Tomato ketchup-2 tbsp
Soya sauce-2 tbsp
Red wine-1/4 cup
Ginger paste- 1 tsp
Garlic paste- 1tsp
Salt- to taste
Red Chilli powder- 2 tsp
- Clean the ribs well and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Whisk all the other ingredients together and mix with the ribs.
- Let it marinate for a minimum of 2 hours, overnight if possible.
- Cook on a hot covered grill , 10 mins on each side.
- Baste the marinade on the pieces while turning to ensure that the meat remains moist.
- Serve hot!