Ria's Collection: WHEN A DREAM COMES TRUE.

Monday, July 11, 2011

WHEN A DREAM COMES TRUE.

The Kitchen
Idream a L.O.T! There are no boundaries to that, for me. I don't remember which birthday it was but I once received a coffee mug from Chandini Aunty which said 'Dream. Only you can make your dreams come true'. It is insanely true. You have to work on it if you want it to happen. You have to be persistent  Fortunately for some, it just happens :-)
There is a store here in Minneapolis called the Kitchen Window. They are the biggest in the US (that's what I am told) with 14,000 items. I should say, it's a magical store. It is my wonderland. Everytime we go there, I end up spending so much time just browsing through all the books, gadgets, salts, spices,utensils...everything! They really have some amazing stuff. If you are in town, don't forget to go there. It's an awesome store.
So they have a cooking school where they conduct some real fancy classes. It is beautiful. You can see it from far away because it's doors are made of glass so everything is transparent. You can see what's happening inside. It's just beautiful. Every single time I have passed by it I have wished to have been the one behind that beautiful countertop.
Chef Ria
And it was my turn.A very nice turn. A turn which lead me to a room full of wonderful utensils and cookware. I was like a little girl in a candy  Dora store! I could use anything I wished to. No questions asked. No answers needed. I could use the most expensive cookware, the best ever oven/stove/ refrigerator...all of it wearing my Chef's coat and while being addressed as Chef Ria!  Now that last bit doesn't happen everyday! I had 3 Culinary Assistants to help me with each and everything. They were so efficient. They chopped,prepped,arranged, helped me while cooking and in the end cleaned up the entire kitchen!It was insanley magical! During the class, a man walked in thinking it was a restaurant! The entire building was smelling of Curry when we left, no wonder he walked in! :-)
Moi
The Menu : Gobi Manchurian (with minor changes), Poori, Badami Chicken , Jeera Pulao, Kadai Vegetable & Royal Falooda. As soon as I was done with cooking each item, they were plated in the most beautiful manner by my Assistants and served.Everything came out really really well and they were an instant success. It's so nice to see people enjoying what you cook, especially right in front of you. I am usually never pleased with myself but this time , I really am! The last time was when I made this Baby Shower Cake.
Working!
Everything happened so fast that I couldn't believe it until I came out after the class. I couldn't stop beaming. Jobin was waiting for me outside the class and I think he got the idea of how I excited I was and even he couldn't stop beaming! It's so nice to have a partner who can share your happiness equally, without even having the slightest tinge of jealousy in them. I am blessed. It was a wonderful evening, for the two of us. I shouldn't forget to mention how tired I was after the class. Tired to the bones. I couldn't feel my knees, they were like jelly! :-) Also, let me tell you how wonderful it is to have a dream come true. It is awesome! Really really awesome! You fly around and it takes you many days to come back to have your feet back on the ground :-)

I am going back, in Fall. Will keep you posted on that!

Hope you all have a great week ahead!  Some of the pics were taken from my camera, the rest are from Emilia.Thanks Emilia, for sending me the (90) pictures :-)

58 Comments:

Reeta said...

Good luck for many more such dreams... (that will come true)...

Radhika@foodfor7stages said...

This is truly a dream come true. So happy for you gal. And I love that kitchen.

Vimitha Durai said...

U have proven dat dreams do come true when you strive and work hard for it... Well done gal... keep going...

Anonymous said...

This is so awsm and I can only imagine how excited you must be. Wish you many more such moments :)
www.sunshineandsmile.com

Archana said...

Ria you deserve the reward of cooking in a beautiful Place. This is an inspiration for me no all of us!

Hope all your dreams come true.

Amanda said...

So proud of you Ria!!

Brenda said...

How wonderful for you, Ria! I used to assist with the classes there until about half-way through my first pregnancy. I enjoyed it so much and learned so much. I can completely see your graceful self in that setting. CONGRATS on a dream come true!

Unknown said...

Great job, Chef Ria! :)

Prerna said...

Wohoo, to Chef Ria!! You look fabulous in that Chef coat and that menu.. WOW! I am sure you were a big hit and will be called back again soon.

Jina said...

Congrats Ria.
You truly deserved it. And Im sure there are bigger dreams which is waiting to come true for you...Dream on!! (In a good way..:)).

And please, falooda recipe.....Im begging on my knees

Justbeanme said...

This is just ur first experience Chef Ria Matthew, more is yet to come!! Lucky and blessed u r ... very few get to reach or even touch their dreams!kuddos to Chef Ria!!

Justbeanme said...

This is just the Firsts Chef Ria,more is awaiting for u!! U looked too natural! Very few get to even touch their dreams! Way to go...!!

Zo-Ya said...

So cool this is Ria! I could feel the excitement in every word in this post! Awesome girl!

Cheers

KrithisKitchen said...

Wow.. that is very exciting... Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Woww.. This is a real dream come true. It is a real honor I think. And not just luck, its talent. Great going Ria. Three cheers!! :)

Ann said...

Look out Food Network! Here comes the Chef Ria show !
Man, hopw many puris did you have to fry for all the participants! Hard work, but must have been a really great feeling :-)

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Oh wow...Thats awesome chef Ria :)....Congrats for being determined and working so hard to achieve your dream...Wish all your dreams come true...

Rose from Magpies Recipes said...

Congrats Chef Ria!! You look completely at home in that fab kitchen and chef's jacket! Waiting to see all 90 pictures :)

Tashia said...

Were you teaching a cooking class? HOW did I miss this? Gobi Manchurian is my favorite! Drat! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for upcoming classes taught by you!

Vatsala. said...

Very happy for you dear. May you see many more dreams comming true.

amna said...

this is amazing Ria! I can imagine how awesome you'd have felt :)

Divya Kudua said...

Congrats Chef Ria:)

Miriam Korula said...

i'm just gonna join everyone n' say great going Chef Ria....you look like you are in your element behind that counter n in that chef's outfit. like you said...we all dream...but to strive to make them come true is what really counts...i'm so happy for you that yours came true so beautifully....wish you more successes like this...:)...jobin must have felt so darn proud...:)...may you guyz always be this happy...:)

Manju said...

cheers!!! a wonderful dream come true....and you deserve that...
congrats Chef Ria!!

Tisha Richard said...

Congrats Ria! So happy for you. You deserve it :)

Zareena said...

Congrats Ria, You really deserve this. I wish all your dreams come true. You look so excited in that chef coat. Lucky gal. Keep going.

Plusthirtee said...

congrats ria the chef :)

Dershana said...

oh wow! congrats Ria. Was this a cookery demo or class that you headed?

Plusthirtee said...

Congrats ria the chef

Anonymous said...

As i said u are chota packet and bada dhamaka..which means lots of wonders in a little packet..!! God bless you dear Ria and wish you lots more goodness in life and wish that you are blessed with all the wonderful things ...Very happy for you and Jobin

Anonymous said...

congrats you deserve every bit of it!! So its officially chef Ria now.

Nachiketa said...

WOW!!!!!
This is fantastic :)))))) So happy for you....

Cheers,
The Variable, Crazy Over Desserts - Nachiketa
Catch me on facebook @ Crazy Over Desserts

Amy P. said...

That's super cool Ria! I'm so glad you had that opportunity. Hopefully I can catch a future class of yours.

Sanctified Spaces said...

Its so nice to see your dream come true. You are truly blessed.

Kelli Abrahamian said...

I am so happy for you!! So wonderful to achieve a dream.

Poornima Nair said...

beautiful post Ria...u sound soooo happy, it's contagious...I couldn't stop beaming!! May all ur dreams come true!!

Sneha Benny said...

I am so proud of you gal !! Well Done!!

Anonymous said...

You can tell by the pictures alone you were having the time of your life. I have been to classes at KW before and it was amazing. I cannot even imagine how the experience must have been for you.

So glad it went well! Next class I am signing up for! This one I was out of town unfortunately.

Cooking Foodie said...

Way to go Ria! Hope you do mnay more classes and beam so much more :)

Ria Mathew said...

Thank you all so so much! Your comments just add to the already bubbling excitement! :D

Ally said...

awesome ri!!!big hug!!!!

San said...

Amazing Ria, way to go dear. Kudos to you for making it this big.

http://sanscurryhouse.blogspot.com

Richa said...

Congratulations on living the dream!
It is definitely fun to have a dream come true!! So happy for you! Keep it going!

Unknown said...

wow Ria, that surely sounds superb, wow, a real dream come true !!!

fictionhead said...

chinju, this is awesome stuff. Also I want to see pictures of plated food. You look the part totally in all those pics. Proud of you!

Newbie Cook said...

Congrats Ria!! May you have many more such sessions.

Regards,
Nandini

Tt said...

wow...can imagine ur excitement...u r a true expert...jus saw ur baby shower cake...that was jus mindblowing...i know ur daisy aunty(she is married to my brother-in-law's cousin)..so i think perfection n talent runs in ur family...

Cynthia said...

Ria, this is awesome! Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Congratulations Ria on having ur dreams come true :) Such a lovely and inspiring post this is!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the cooking classes, Ria! Very happy for you. I relate to the feeling and felt the same way when I conducted my first class :) Kitchen Window is such a great place to teach! I knew about your blog but didn't know you were based out of Minneapolis too. Keep up the awesome work! :)

Neha said...

hey Ria....I just landed on your blog and found it amazing...Its good to have people who dream and then work hard to get their dreams come true....Hope all your dreams come true like this one...Do visit me at http://muchmorethanahomemaker.blogspot.com

Beth said...

What an amazing experience. It really does sound like a dream come true!

Unknown said...

Ria...

you are awesome...congratulations....great job dear...you recipes are wonderful ...you are so talented you deserve it....

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Congratulations Ria!! How fun!! Love your blog and so glad to be a new follower! xoxo

Rachel Sonny Abraham said...

Ria! keep Dreaming and sharing all them with us! All the best dear!!

Rani acharyulu said...

Great post,congratulations..May all Your dreams come true!!
warm wishes
rani

Unknown said...

This is just amazing, Ria!! Congratulations, very well deserved :D

Nisha said...

Oh good lord, is this a kitchen?! Almost the size of my apartment, lol!

Must have been an ecstatic experience, shows in your writing too :)


spusht.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...