Ria's Collection: HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE (in under a minute!)

Monday, September 28, 2015

HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE (in under a minute!)

Homemade Mayonnaise
This method of making a mayonnaise can be like a revelation to the people who have been having a hard time making it at home.It can be tricky if you don't trickle in the oil while whisking the eggs at the same time when you make them the old fashioned way. I don't use a lot of mayo in our meals so I rarely have any on hand when I actually need them. This method is so easy that I just whip up a batch in no time at all! Once you try this method you will be hooked!
Homemade Mayonnaise
All you need for a mayo are pantry staples like eggs,oil,lime juice,some mustard and herbs of your choice,if you wish to add them later. I usually leave mine plain and then dress it up according to what I am making with them. Summer is the season when I use a lot of mayo. Sandwiches,burgers,taco's etc are made repeatedly and the mayo bottle gets over just like that!

I still remember standing next to Valsamma aunty,watching her make mayonnaise at my Uncle's home in Bangalore when I was little. It was like a magic show where she started with something liquid which turned into this thick, luscious,creamy yellow pudding like thing in the end! She used her fingers instead of a whisk to make it.I still remember that slightly cold Bangalore morning just like yesterday! Some memories just don't fade,right?

Homemade Mayonnaise
So the next time you are out of mayonnaise,don't reach out for that jar at the supermarket. Make your own. It's the best! The flavour is so good and you will notice that it's not as acidic as the storebought ones. It is exactly why homemade things are better! There are exceptions for sure but I always prefer homemade to storebought.This recipe is from Finla, a very close food blogger friend whom I've known for the last 7 years!
HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE
Homemade Mayonnaise Makes about 1 cup


Ingredients:
1 large whole egg
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon whole grain mustard (or anykind that you have)
Salt and Pepper

Method: Place all the ingredients into the bowl of your immersion /stick blender and pulse it moving the stick up and down. Your mayonnaise will be ready in less than a minute! Adjust seasonings if needed.

Store it in a clear jar with a lid for a week in the refrigerator.



This is the good stuff and not the bottled ones. Try it on a toast right away and you will see why I am trying to sell you this one!
 

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...