Ria's Collection: MAKE AHEAD HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE

Friday, November 20, 2015

MAKE AHEAD HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE

HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE
This time,like everyother time, I am making only a few sides for Thanksgiving dinner since we always do a potluck. With my current situation at home,I am embracing the make ahead recipes like no other.They are my life saver now. This sauce is a breeze to put together and when you can put into Hefty slider bags,it's going to be safe and sound in the freezer. I got this recipe from Hefty's website and it's a good one!
HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE
Jobin's Mummy makes a savoury pickle using fresh cranberries and it's just awesome! That's the only time I've had it spicy. For that matter, I have had cranberries only in the sauce from otherwise. I know it's a very good ingredient to bake with but I still have not explored that side of it. These days after all the sweet stuff that we bake in school, I hardly bake anything sweet anymore at home other than the regular chocolate or marble cake. The other day,I was telling Jobin that I might just give up sugar by the time I am done with school! We bake a LOT on a daily basis and bring them all home!
HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE
Like I said earlier, this cranberry sauce is so easy to put together. Just dump all the ingredients into one pot and let the heat do it's work and before you even realize, your sauce would be ready for use! I have my sauce ready in slider bags for the main day and all I have to do is to gently reheat it up!

MAKE AHEAD HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE
HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE Makes about 2 cups

Ingredients:
4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon lime zest
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Method: Mix all the ingredients together in a pot and bring it to a boil on medium high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Let it cool to room temperature and freeze them in Hefty slider bags.

When needed, thaw them in the fridge overnight and serve it at room temperature.

For more Thanksgiving ideas visit Hefty's website!
 

1 Comments:

Unknown said...

Would love the cranberry pickle recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...