Ria's Collection: MEDITERRANEAN ORANGE SALAD (with video!)

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

MEDITERRANEAN ORANGE SALAD (with video!)

Mediterranean Orange Salad
If you are here just for the recipe, please scroll down. If not,let me tell you how much I hated eating a salad before 2010. The very idea about eating a salad would turn me off and that was even before I tasted a real salad. When I say a 'real' salad, I mean the ones which are purely good for you, not loaded with mayo types. I mean, the ones where you have lots of greens that have been tossed with some fruit/nuts, protein & a straightforward dressing.

I remember Jobin trying to convince me to eat them but I would just refuse to do so until I tasted some fantastic salad made by our good friends Mike & Becky here in Minneapolis. Then slowly, I started enjoying them and now, I even make it at home! We Indians are so focused about cooking our greens that eating them raw can be...umm...not that pleasant to even think of. All I can say is that I am a convert now and I am sure most of you who enjoy salads can kind of agree with me that it's all about trying!
Mediterranean Orange Salad
This salad is very good for you. It's filled to the brim with fruits and is topped with the most amazing salad dressing ever! It's one of the best and refreshing things that I've ever eaten. Every time I've made the salad using this recipe,our serving plate literally would be licked clean! You should really give this a shot at home. If you don't have access to orange blossom water,leave it out. It just adds that beautiful Mediterranean edible fragrance to your salad, just like rose water does.


MEDITERRANEAN ORANGE SALAD
Mediterranean Orange Salad
Serves 6-8

Ingredients:
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
15 mint leaves,chopped
6 Navel oranges, peeled, sliced into rounds
Pinch salt
Pinch paprika
Pinch ground cinnamon
Seeds (Arils) of 1 pomegranate

Dressing:
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 teaspoon orange blossom water,optional but highly recommended

Method: Please see the video for the full instructions.
As always, thanks for supporting our Youtube channel like never before! I am thoroughly enjoying looking at all the photographs you've been sending me of the beautiful things you've been making with the recipes from my blog/videos! Keep them coming! This is the most wonderful time of the year and I hope you all are planning out a great spread for your Christmas party!

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...