I hit half century today! Woohoo!! :)) Never knew I would come this far!! :) So today's post is an all Malayali's fave snack... Banana chips!! It is for sure that each Malayali carries atleast one pack of it when he/she goes out of Kerala! I used to carry min 1.5 kilos everytime I went to my hostel... loved munching on it :) And I still do :)
It might seem difficult to make these at home...but they are not and they taste 200% better than store made or even freshly fried from local shops. Once you are bitten by the home made taste then you will never buy from other sources.
Homemade Banana Chips
The way my mom makes
Try this and be sure to get addicted! :) It's a perfect all-time snack! Let your mouth keep munching all the way!! :)
- Peel the raw bananas and leave it in water for 1 hour.
- Heat oil (deep frying) and when it is real hot slice the bananas directly into the oil.
- Stir slightly so that they dont stick together.
- You can add salt and a pinch or two of turmeric into it at this stage. ( we don't add turmeric and we add the salt later otherwise we might not be able to use the salty oil later)
- Fry till it's nicely yellow on the outside and crisp looking. Taste in between :D
- Drain them on kitchen towels. You can add salt at this stage too and toss them well.
- Store it in airtight tins.
Happy Friday everyone!! :)