Ria's Collection: ♥ Tandoori Sausage, Roasted Bell Pepper and Corn Pizza♥

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

♥ Tandoori Sausage, Roasted Bell Pepper and Corn Pizza♥


My cousins were home for dinner last night , so we had a spread ready for them. This pizza was meant to be one amongst it .Alas! there were only 2 wedges left by the time they reached! :D Luckily it was enough for the 2 of them! :D
I wanted to make a different topping from the last time. And that's when I thought of the Tandoori Masala that I had with me for a while, a small bell pepper & also some sweet corn kernals that's been freezing to death in our freezer :D
So I finally got the stuff ready for the topping while the dough for the pizza was proving. It was a breeze actually, just had to get everything together and pop it into the oven!
Tandoori Sausage,Roasted Bell Pepper and Corn Pizza

Things you'll need:

Base - 1 no , I used this fave recipe of mine.
Topping- Tandoori sausages, Roasted Bell Pepper and Sweet corn kernels
Pizza Sauce- 2 1/2 tbsp
Cheese- 100 g ,grated

For the topping:

Tandoori Sausage:

Chicken Sausage - 4 nos.
Tandoori Masala- 1 1/2 tsp [I used Baker's Tandoori Masala]
Red Chilli Flakes- 1 tsp
Salt- 1/4 tsp
Curd- 1 tsp
Oil-2 tsp

Method:
Thaw and cut sausages into small roundels.
Marinate them with tandoori masala, red chilli flakes,salt and curd for 30 mins.
Heat oil in a pan and saute the sausages till done.
Reserve.
Roasted Bell Pepper:

Bell Pepper- 1 no.

Hold the pepper using a fork and roast it over the flame till the skin gets blackened.
Rub the black skin off and discard the seeds.
Cut them into bite sized portions.
Assembly:

Roll out the pizza base as directed here.
Spread 1 1/2 tbsp of Pizza sauce over it.
Sprinkle roasted bell pepper, 3-4 tbsp of sweet corn kernels and sausages.
Spread another 1 tbsp of sauce over it.
Grate the cheese over it as even as you can.
Bake them in a pre-heated oven ( at the max.temp) for 10-12 mins.
Cut into wedges and serve!
I don't think I need to talk about how lovely the base was! It was outstanding!! You can see how well it has worked for me everytime I made it. Check this for more! As usual my one & only younger bro was ready to attack it as soon as it was baked! But for some reason he had the patience to wait till I click some pics of the pizza![This is true only in the case of pizza's and few others! :D]

And then started the begging session by my bro for more wedges! He even called me 'pishukki' which means 'stingy'!! ACK! I was just trying my best to save 2 wedges for my cousins! And at the end of it, my mom was kind enough to share a bite with me! Yes! That's all I got, a bite of it!

No complaints! I should have made more!! :D But I try not to make excess, they are always pushed around and wasted!


This pizza of mine is Yeastspotted!

18 Comments:

Jamie said...

Yum yum Ria! I always make the same boring pizza and this makes me so want to go a bit more exotic and change the flavors. Really lovely!

Nithya said...

Yummmmm Yummmmmmm Yummmmmmmm.. Badly wanna have a it. Absolutely tempting.

Unknown said...

The pizza looks yummy :) :)
The toppings you have used are probably one of my favorite combinations :) I can so get why everyone was fighting over it :P

Divya Kudua said...

Its been a while since I made Pizza..you are tempting me..;).The tandoori sausage recipe looks very easy,I think I can make someone happy with that pizza..:)I'll skip the sausage and make a veggie version for me..:)

Parita said...

Pizza looks delicious!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What a fantastic pizza! I love your choice of toppings!

Cheers,

Rosa

lubnakarim06 said...

Oh wow....that's an drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool worthy pizza....toppings sound yummylicious......

Chef Jeena said...

So lucky your cousins! Wish I was invited the pizzas looks so delicious.

Ann said...

Bell pepper and corn sounds really delish on pizza!

Zoe said...

So cheezy! Looks wonderful!

Michelle said...

Looks so good! Next time I make pizza I'm going to try adding some corn! I love corn in chili too!

mathew said...

hey...i have been having pizza for lunch once a week for past 3 years..and the real italian ones...now looking at the pics i badly miss the indianised version of the pizza..no olives here..;-P

printable coupon said...

Mmmmmmm!it looks delicious, i can't explain.

Dharm said...

Nice! Your pizza looks delicious!

Susan/Wild Yeast said...

Wow, this topping combination is just fabulous! Lucky cousins, at least they got a taste.

Mimi said...

Ria, that's so sad that all you got was just a taste of pizza! I hope your brother appreciates you!

The sausage sounds really tasty!

kitchen queen said...

Hi you have a good collection of recipes. you can visit my blog view my recipes and give ur comments.

Anita said...

Did the Pizza for dinner last night, came out very well. That's something I really appreciate about your blog, the measurements are so accurate, no complications, and rewarding results...I normally get bored measuring out 101 ingredients and that too in 1/3 cups, imagine :-)..Thanks Ria

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...