I love collecting tried,tested and trusted recipes. That's why I named my diary 'My Collections' and also my blog :) This is my granny's sister's recipe. I got it from my cuz Roshini and it happens to be her fave chocolate cake recipe.
Recently when my dad went to Trivandrum (that's where Roshini lives) she packed me a box full of these brown beauties. But he had a halt at my mom's house and we were supposed to join him the next day. And you all can easily guess what must have happened :P The box was half full when we reached there...
Nevertheless I made up my mind to try them out once I get home. And that's when I had my lil cousins Niki and Tashu visiting us. So I got another reason to bake something!! :D
♥Ultra Moist Chocolate Cake♥
Recipe sourced by Roshini from Ammini Aunty
Sugar-1 3/4 cup + 3/4 cup ,powdered
Baking Powder-1 3/4 tsp
Cocoa powder-8 tbsp diluted in 1 cup milk
Vanilla -1 tsp
This is THE best home made chocolate cake that I have ever tasted. Now it's not just Roshini's...but also our family favourite chocolate cake! My bro had 3 huge slices at one go! :)
- Beat butter until light and fluffy. Add 1 3/4 cup of sugar and beat it.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla.
- Beat egg whites + 3/4 cup sugar to stiff peaks.
- Fold into the batter. Add cocoa dissolved in milk to it.
- Fold in the flour and pour the batter into a prepared tin.
- Bake at 180 deg. for 45-50 mins or till done.