OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE CAKE
Recipe from Nigella Feasts ( Jobin sent me a copy of it as my birthday gift last May :D And I was waiting for 'that' occasion to come so that I could bake from that book! )
For the cake:
200g caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
40g cocoa powder
150g sour cream
175g unsalted butter
2 tsp Vanilla ( I substituted it with instant coffee powder)
- Blitz everything together in a food processor and bake for 35 mins at 180 deg.C
175 g chocolate, chopped
75 g butter
125g sour cream
300 g icing sugar
1tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract ( I substituted it with coffee powder)
- Melt chocolate and butter together.
- When slightly cooled, add sugar and mix well.
- Add rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Frost the cake completely. ( I cut the cake horizontally into 3 layers and sandwiched them )
I am sending this cake as an entry for my dearest friend Divya's Best Chocolate Cake event.
Welcome Spring 2010!