I had posted their pictures long back on Facebook and many have been asking me for it's recipe. So this one is for you all, my lovely FB friends! Thanks for being so patient! :)
Recipes source: Institute Of Baking and Cake Art
250 g flour
7.5 g (1 1/2 tsp) yeast
100 ml warm water
4g (3/4 tsp) salt
60 g granulated sugar
5 g (1 tsp) milk powder
40 g margarine, frozen
4g (3/4 tsp) baking powder
Oil for deep frying
- Mix yeast, warm water and sugar and leave aside for 15 mins or till nice and frothy.
- Sieve the dry ingredients together.
- Cut and mix fat with flour. Mix well till fingertips till it resembles flaked rice (aval).
- Make a well in the centre & add yeast mix. Mix till well incorporated.
- Add egg & mix well. If you feel the dough is sticky at this point, just add some more flour & mix till it is not sticky anymore. Knead for a good 5-6 minutes.
- Let it rest for 30-40 mins or till doubled (in a warm place).
- After it doubles, punch down the dough with your palm.
- Roll out into 1/4- 1/2 inch thick and cut out shapes using a doughnut cutter or using 2 cookie cutters/bottle caps( one big & one small). Let it prove under wrap for another 40 mins.
- Deep fry in hot oil. (The oil should be real hot, but fry on medium flame . Otherwise, the centre will not be cooked and the exterior will brown soon!)
- Drain on kitchen towel and serve as is or with a chocolate coating.
100 g Dark Chocolate
100 g Fresh cream (25% fat- Amul)
- Chop chocolate into small chunks and leave it in a glass/staineless steel bowl.
- Heat fresh cream in a saucepan till it comes to a boil .
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let it sit for 5 mins.
- Stir it till you get a glossy chocolate-y mixture. Let it cool.
- Dip the doughnuts half way into it , decorate with 100's & 1000's (multi coloured sprinkles) and serve.
Note: This doughnut is best served on the day it is made.
What are you waiting for now? Have you not waited enough for this recipe? ;) Get baking girls and boys!I hope the pictures have done justice in salivating you all :)
These doughnuts are YeastSpotted!