Was that a weird title? Maybe yes, maybe no.
Let me tell you what I have been doing all these days, since last Thursday, since the last post of mine :-)
I have been trying to be proactive (what a change!) and preserve some fruits for:
1.Cake for which you might have to wait till December for the recipe :-/ . I you are impatient like me, you might have to be happy with my Ultra Moist Fruit Cake for the time being.
3.Wine : Uh-oh! Can't help but wait till December! :-/
For this jam, you can use any fruits of your choice.
CHERRY- PLUOTS & GINGER JAM
I developed this recipe from the basic jam recipe shared by Helene on Facebook.
Any fruits -1 kg, one variety or mixed. (I used a mix of cherry and pluots)
Ginger-a small piece, grated fine
Lemon juice- 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Peel (optional) and chop the fruits and transfer it to a heavy bottomed sauce pan .
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Grate the ginger into it and mix.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and then simmer on medium- low for 1-1.5 hours or till the setting point *.
- Bottle it into clean jars.
I loved the addition of fresh ginger to it, it gets you back to reality when you lose yourselves in the sweetness of the fruits. A very simple recipe with endless possibilities!This recipe is a winner!