Ria's Collection: HOMEMADE CHIPOTLE SALSA

Monday, June 13, 2011

HOMEMADE CHIPOTLE SALSA

Homemade Chipotle Salsa

One of the best things I like to dip my chip into is Salsa. I must admit that I never liked it while I was in India but moving to US and trying it here made me a Salsa lover. I usually buy salsa and I have tried various flavours including smoked Chipotle Salsa from Trader Joes. They taste so good that I can just use a big straw and sip it while I watch a movie!

Last month I joined a club, a secret recipe club. Amanda being the wonderful host she is assigned me to another blog where I chose a recipe from without that blogger knowing and blog about it on the reveal date. Confused? Go over to Amanda's blog and read about it there.
Singing with Birds was the blog that was assigned to me.She had so many recipes that I had a hard time choosing what I wanted until I saw her recipe for Salsa. There was no looking back then! So here's the modified recipe with the things I had in my pantry.

Chipotle SalsaHOMEMADE CHIPOTLE SALSA

Ingredients:
3 medium sized tomatoes,roughly chopped
2 green chili, roughly chopped
1/4 red onion,roughly chopped
1 clove garlic
1 tsp sugar
1/2 c packed cilantro
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp ground chipotle
Juice of 1 lime
Salt to taste

Method: Pulse all the ingredients together in a food processor or your blender.Taste and adjust the seasonings.Chill for an hour and serve with tortilla chips.
Chicken 65

The winners for the Cookbook Giveaway are The Picky Eater Ninu. Congratulations! Now send me your postal address :-) Please respond within a day's time, if not, I'll be picking another winner.

There were no right or wrong answers since I didn't know the correct one ! Really, you people are so innovative with your answers! Divya and Pooja, you girls are really funny! Pooja, you took me back to the wedding planning days and it was almost on the similar lines :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is probably one of my shortest posts ever. I have no time today to sit and type even though I'd love to...got lots of cleaning up to do after a fun weekend! We ate so much the last 3 days that I can go into a hibernation for a week ;-) We started the weekend grilling some yummy juicy patties that I made topped with some cheese and sandwiched between buns.Later we had some Juicy Honey Wings...that was just the start ;-) Oh yes, there was Jobin's Tiramisu involved. A new full batch!
IMG_2643


Until next time ,


11 Comments:

Unknown said...

TJ's salsa is our favorite too. have you tried their pineapple salsa? This looks so good Ria!

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Congrats to the winner. And that salsa looks fantastic! So colorful and truly appetizing!

Rose /Magpie said...

Wow all those goodies look so yummy and are reminding me I haven't had lunch yet! Congrats to the winners, even though I am so J!

Rachel said...

:( And here I came hoping to see my name. Anyways, congrats to the winner.

Sunanda said...

Salsa looks so tempting.. Congrats to the winners..

Ninu said...

Thanks Ria,Many many thanks! I ve just sent u an email!

Unknown said...

Looks excellent. Were the chipotle peppers canned? I can't seem to find them fresh in my area. Cheers!

Shruti said...

i never thought i'd win ! thanks a ton ria :D never made this salsa...will try to ...tho i dont knw wer il get chipotle here :-/ hearing abt it first time. i get so excited when i learn new ingredients exist lol congrats to ninu too !

Nitha said...

Congrats to the winner.. Just had a Chipotle bowl.. Should try this now..

Lisa~~ said...

This is my first month in The Secret Recipe Club and it's so much fun! I'm just loving all the new blogs and recipes I'm seeing. Your salsa looks fabu!

Renée said...

Thanks Ria for checking out my blog. I'm anxious to try your version of my salsa. It looks Delish!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...