Ria's Collection: MEDIA MENTION & A COOK OUT!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

MEDIA MENTION & A COOK OUT!

Vanitha Pachakarani 2011

Ibelieve that a photograph can speak volumes more than words do. Do you agree? Even if you don't,please agree this time as I am quite lazy to type out today :) You would have read about it here before  and it was always been a dream of mine to be featured on Vanitha as that was one magazine I grew up reading, even though it was Amma who subscribed for it :)
IMG_4488

This article appeared on the current issue of Vanitha and I was so excited about it. Amma saw it first and she soaked it all in before Appan could see or else they both would have been having a tug of war with the magazine. Later Appan decided to surprise me and he shuffled up the pages. But it was long before I woke up. They both waited thinking I would come down soon and since that didn't happen,Appan decided to come up and wake me :-)
IMG_4494

He just whispered something to me and I ran downstairs to see it! :) It was such a happy day for Amma and myself as we both were featured in it along with our recipes.All our phones have been ringing non-stop for the last 3 days with relatives and friends ringing up to congratulate us.Our family friend and fellow food blogger,Rinku Naveen , surprised me with her Kalathappam that evening. She came home and rang up to tell me that she is waiting outside :) It is one of my  favourite tea time snack.
IMG_4490


As you can see above, there's a Cookery Class hosted by yours truly arranged by the YWCA ,Kannur on 3 October.These posters have been stuck on walls here and it's so funny when people recognise you after that!  I have no idea how many people are going to be there but I know one thing for sure, you will get to see a snap of my class :-) The menu has been fixed and sent to the organisers. So, now all I have to do is go take the class :-)

Have a good weekend!

12 Comments:

Archana said...

Congrats! Its a real honour! All the very best dear.
I am hosting Fast Food not Fat Foot event. Do check out my event and send me your entries.

Poornima Nair said...

U go Girl!!

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Congrats...A great achievement....:)Keep Rocking..

Rinku Naveen said...

Ria..you are a sweet heart. Have been passing the word around. I'm sure its gonna be a great success. Will see u on monday.

maria said...

Congrats,Ria!
I'm not a regular reader of Vanitha, and i haven't been visiting your blog for quite a while now though i'm a huge fan of ur cooking and photography skills ,so i was pleasantly surprised to see this article yesterday during my flight :)
Congrats to your mom as well.I'm sure dad must be so proud of you both .Keep rocking!

Leena

Anna said...

Brilliant Ria, really proud of you and your Mom as well..need to rush and buy my copy of Vanitha..Also glad to see the regular change of pics on your web...keep going !

Ramya said...

Congrats Ria, you are a celebrity !

Aruna Manikandan said...

Congrats ria!!!!!
Keep rocking :)

Mitha said...

congtats tou and ur mom!!
am gonna grab my copy of vanitha
looking forward to re

Jidhu Jose said...

Wow...will tell to my sis abt this - she may already checked ur recipes in Vanitha.

Anonymous said...

COngrats Ria,

had been busy in a bit and came back to ur site to see so many updates! Great going girl!

Shobha

Vineetha Sush said...

Oh u r a celebrity...Wow !! Kannur kari ano...I m also from Kannur,If i was there i would have definitely attended it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...