Ria's Collection: THE 'TITLE' I EARNED...PACHAKARANI 2011

Thursday, September 15, 2011

THE 'TITLE' I EARNED...PACHAKARANI 2011


There's so much to tell you all, so very much! Sadly that will have to wait as I'm travelling right now covering 3-4 states in a day's time, in India.I'm off to Kashmir tomorrow to spend sometime with my family, Jobin's sisters family. So when I return, I shall update you with some pictures that I took from here and there during my small trip. Also, I must tell you that I am so badly tanned by the Goa sun! It seems it was raining there all this while but the days we were there, the sun was shining gloriously and I feared I would look like a pakora in my bestest cousin's bridesmaid dress, which I did in the end :-)

Okay, now about the picture you just saw above. Some of you must have read it on newspaper or read about it on Facebook There was a competition that me and Amma had enrolled  for and we were lucky enough to be selected together. It was such a happy moment for the two of us ! There was a preliminary round where I baked a Triple Veggie Quiche & BBQ Chicken Meat balls. I came first in the 'Malabar' zone and was qualified for the finals at the State level. Amma came second. Then the finals were held in Kottayam on Sept. 6th at Windsor Castle. I made my forever favourite Chatti Pathiri & Mocha Chocolate Mascarpone Verrine. Those were my winning dishes. I never thought I'd win. I just wanted to participate along with Amma as it's very rare for a mother-daughter duo to reach finals together. All these dishes were made on the spot so we really have to prove it to them that we can do it :)

The title I earned is 'Pachakarani 2011' which means I'm the Queen of Cooking for 2011 at the Kerala state level. It was conducted by a very popular Malayalam magazine 'Vanitha' in collaboration with Whirlpool.It's such a huge honor for me as there were so many seasoned cooks competing along with me for that title. We were judged by the Executive Chefs of Taj & Dietitians. I've been to the finals of the same 4 years ago in 2008 where I came 5th. This time, I was able to prove better :-) I am so happy for Amma too since she bagged the 2nd place :) We were the most happiest souls on earth that day.

When this photograph came on the newspaper, we were travelling so Appan had to scan and send it to me yesterday once he reached home :)

Will be back with more updates,shortly! I hope all of you are doing well! Thanks to all who wrote to me after seeing this article on the newspaper :-) You guys make me feel so loved & special!! Thank you :)

25 Comments:

Eat & Burpp said...

Achievements..Achievements & Achievements!!!

3 cheers to all of dem!! No doubt ur Mom might be feeling so proud for ur win!! Ur win shows her efforts in cooking & making u take interest since ur childhood in the same!! Both the prizes belong to her actually ;)

Congratulations once again!!

Unknown said...

Congrats, keep rocking!!

Sum said...

Congratulations!!

gigi said...

what a title,ria!!!..

m so proud of you and so very very happy for you...keep soaring high!!!

convey my heartfelt congrats to ur mom too.

once again, Kudos to you guys!!!

love you

Carrots and cherries said...

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!

Indeed you have proved yourself :)

Cheers to seeing many more !!

hugs

Abhilasha

Aparnaa said...

Hey Ria,
Congrats on winning the Pachakarani title.. Congrats to your mom too.. My mom was last year's winner :)

Mitha said...

Oh ria Happy for u and ur mom !!!
I hope this must be featured in Vanita too.
ok I shall check the latest vanita
hearty congratulations

Suhaina said...

That is a one big achievement. Congrads dear..Really happy for you..I will ask my mom to keep the Vanitha edition so that I can read about it when I go back to Kerala.
Convey my best regards to ur mom too..

Tisha Richard said...

Many Congrats Ria !!

La @ FoodSlice said...

Congratulations Ria. You truly deserve the title bestowed upon you. Enjoy your holidays!

Divya Kudua said...

You rock girl!!

Raksha said...

congrats Ria

Priya Suresh said...

Congrats Ria..

Unknown said...

Wow Ria!! Very well deserved :)

Congratulations!!!!

Anu said...

Your mom must be so proud of you!! Way to go both of you....

Archana said...

Congrats Ria! Keep rocking.

You were in Goa? so you are responsible for all this rain we have now? Do call me next time.
Do check out my event and send me your entries.

Shabnam said...

Congrats! Well deserved title :)

Pritam said...

wow!congrats to you and your mom! great achievement! you totally deserve it! :)

Sharon said...

Congrats to you & mom..well deserved..looking forward to hearing more interesting stories about ya trip !!

Nimi SunilKumar said...

My heartiest congrats Ria..happy for u :)

Snow Queen said...

Riaaa!!!

You really deserve this n even more!!! Your blog itself is a guide for us novice cook-ers ;)

Really happy for u n ur mom!!

Luv
Safa

Rinku Naveen said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Ria this is really an achievement well deserved..So happy for you and Susy aunty..Congratulations!!!
Missed all this fun when I was at my home town for Onam. This calls for a party when you get back to Kannur. :)

Tt said...

Congrats dear...will there be any interview in vanitha????

mallugirl said...

wow!!!! very hearty congrats!!! it must be awesome to compete and win against ur mom.:)ur are a wonderful cook.

Neetz said...

wow!! congrats RIA!!! let more n more awards come for u :)

Hi :) I came thru another blogger to your space and i loved it!! if time permits do drop in at my space too and do add yourself to my friend lists so that we too can share our thoughts on each other's space :).. glad to be in ur list too :)

http://neetzkitchen.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...