Ria's Collection: GRILLED SPICY PANEER SANDWICH

Monday, August 18, 2014

GRILLED SPICY PANEER SANDWICH

SPICY GRILLED PANEER SANDWICH
This sandwich is amazing! There, I said it. What's not to love about a grilled cheese sandwich? Comfort food at it's best,right? This recipe uses Paneer and that's another way I eat the mild Indian cheese.I have had this on my mind for so long because we used to eat a Paneer Cheese Sandwich from a joint opposite St. Joseph's College of Commerce, Bangalore.It was delicious. I used to pack that as my dinner for the overnight bus journey's to Kannur.
SPICY GRILLED PANEER SANDWICH
SPICY GRILLED PANEER SANDWICH

The crisp buttery bread which acts as the base for the sandwich filling plays a big role. So chose the bread you love the most. I used to be a white bread lover but now, I've developed a liking for multigrain breads and enjoy them as much I would enjoy a slice of white bread. Having said that, nothing beats the Kannur bakery breads! What are they made of? Clouds? It is super soft and  so yum!
SPICY GRILLED PANEER SANDWICH
I've used an 8 grain bread here but you could use whatever kind you like. Just don't forget to forget the calories a few spoonfuls of butter can carry. You need some good buttered slices of bread to have them grilled to perfection.And then when you slice the sandwich into two triangles,it should make a crisp noise which eventually would make you drool! A big thanks to Monica for sharing this delicious recipe!
GRILLED SPICY PANEER SANDWICH
SPICY GRILLED PANEER SANDWICH Serves 4

Ingredients:
2 tablespoon oil
2 shallots, finely sliced
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 serrano chili, sliced thin
1 1/2 cups grated paneer
Salt & pepper

8 slices of bread
1 medium sized green bell pepper,roasted and sliced thin
Plenty of butter

Method: Heat the oil in a medium sized saute pan on medium-high heat and once hot, add the sliced shallots,garlic and chili and saute for 2 minutes.Add this to the grated paneer and season with salt and pepper.  Take 4 slices of bread and divide the paneer mixture equally over it. Top each of them with strips of roasted bell pepper. Cover it with another slice of bread and apply some butter over it. Heat a grill pan on medium heat and place the sandwich buttered side down. Cook till they are golden nnd crisp with grill marks. Apply some butter on the slice of bread that's facing you and flip the sandwich over. Grill till golden on side two and repeat with the remaining sandwiches. Slice into two and enjoy it with some chilled Blueberry Lemonade.

I've lost the number of times I've this sandwich last week.The texture is so good that you wouldn't miss the meat !Since I am so choosy about Paneer dishes, I am so glad I went out of my comfort zone to taste it at that restaurant in Bangalore. This is an awesome sandwich! Like any grilled cheese sandwich,it tastes best straight off of the grill pan.
 

5 Comments:

Hamaree Rasoi said...

colorful and delicious looking sandwich. Excellent preparation.
Deepa

virunthu unna vaanga said...

Yummy click...

Unknown said...

looks awesome Ria, my husband would love this...he's a big paneer fan! :)

Resmy Sebastian said...

Kanti sweets paneer cheese sandwich.This recipe brings back a loads of memories :-)

Unknown said...

We are going to try this tonight

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...