Ria's Collection: HAPPIEST SECOND BIRTHDAY,IAN!

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

HAPPIEST SECOND BIRTHDAY,IAN!

Ian's 2nd Birthday Cake
Our little boy turned TWO today! The past year was a very busy one for him. He learnt a lot of new things, made new friends, traveled across the globe,enjoyed getting drenched at the beach,learnt new tricks and even started to talk! He loves to sing and sings really well. We are planning to send him for singing lessons soon. He also loves to read his story books to me and one thing I've noticed is that, he enjoys reading as much as I do. I am indefinitely going to supply him with more books!The photograph you see above was taken this morning, as soon as he woke up. We hang streamers in our living room as a part of our celebration.Of course, he took it down one by one!
Ian's 2nd Birthday Cake
I was sad and happy yesterday because it was his last day as a one year old but at the same time, it's his big day tomorrow! I know that he doesn't even realise all that, but,as a mother I was just remembering all those moments of joy from the time he was born. He has been a very good boy ever since he was born. He never gave me a sleepless night,loves to eat and is totally a fuss free lovable kid! We are really blessed to have him and we thank God for that!Over the past two years, I've realised that I'm much more patient and selfless than I though I was.Being a Mother has changed me for good.
Ian's 2nd Birthday Cake
Like how I mentioned earlier, he loves to read. He has a tiny book of numbers and he likes a particular page in it because of a car. Like most boys,he loves his trucks, cars,bikes, jeep etc., He even places it in a particular order, very impressive actually and doesn't approve of that being disturbed.So, to celebrate this Little Man,I decided to bake him a cake today. A cake which resembles the car he loves from his book.I saw a cake on BHG and decided to go ahead with the idea.It's a plain Butter Cake with Buttercream frosting. I usually stay away from fondant decorations for our personal celebrations The birthday party is not until Saturday and I've planned for another cake for that day. The menu and photographs will follow! Just like his First Birthday party, I will be making every single thing! No catering in our household !

Thanks to all my dear readers who've been sending Birthday Wishes for Ian! Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart! You are the best!

9 Comments:

Sherene said...

Happy Birthday little Ian!!! Have a wonderful year.. God bless..Love & hugs

jaya's recipes said...

Wow you don't need to order cake from outside for the birthdays simply superb!

s2001 said...

A very Happy Birthday to Ian and his proud mom. the cake is so pretty.

Vima said...

Happy Birtday Ian!! The cake looks awesome...

Unknown said...

Ria you always give this wow factor to your cakes :) this car cake is no exception. Happy birthday to Ian! He is adorable.

vedant said...

Dearest Ian,

We are all so happy to see you turn a healthy, loving, and happy two year old. We're also grateful to your mum for supplying us with cute vignettes from your life and of course the never ending supply of goodness she makes called food. You are also a very lucky child, you have a chef-goddess for a mum. Cannot imagine a better mum you could have so cherish her, hug her very often and steal the goodies she makes when she isn't looking(send some our way,wed be thrilled).

Happy 2nd birthday party. I'm sure a fabulous menu and theme has been in the works for a while now with your mum as its chief architect.

Deepa

Manju said...

Hey ria....thatz a pretty looking cake...am sure Ian enjoyed every bit of it... my bday wishes to your lil boy...

Sum said...

Happy birthday to little Ian. He's a cutie pie :)
Lovely cake and amazing pics!

Unknown said...

The cake looks great Ria :)!! Happy Birthday to your son!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...