If there is a house where no curry should be re-heated because the father and son thinks a LOT of water is being added into the curry during the re-heating process [re-heating on a stovetop] or every curry needs to be freshly made or all 3 meals should have different stuff, it is mine! :)
Gradually my mother has learnt all the tricks that needs to fool such a husband and son and the daughter is planning to follow it dutifully! ;) Talk about 'like mother like daughter!' :D The first day it would be chicken roast, the next day it would be chicken curry...all with the addition of coconut milk etc! :)
But, this curry is not like that :D It was freshly made by the still-freshly-married young woman for her ever-loving husband! Ahem! Yes, love is very much in the air! ;)
SAUCY CHICKEN a.k.a SUSY CHICKEN
Chicken -1 kg, cut & cleaned
Soya sauce - 1 tbsp + 2tbsp
Tomato ketchup/sauce- 2 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste-2 tbsp
Onions- 2,large cut into squares
Carrot- 1, medium cut into squares [I don't like to see chunks of carrot ,so I cut into thin rounds]
Water /chicken stock- 1 cup
Cornflour- 1 tbsp diluted in 1/2 cup water
Pepper to taste.
Spring onion-1 sprig, chopped
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt, pepper and 1tbsp soya sauce for 15 mins or till you get the other ingredients ready :)
- Slightly fry the chicken pieces in 4-5 tbsp of oil and keep aside. Reuse the oil for the curry cooking.
- Heat oil, add the ginger-garlic paste and saute it till the 'most fave aroma of mine' seems to be flooding your kitchen.
- Add the onions and carrot and saute it for 3 mins.
- Reduce the flame to low, add the sauces and give it a good mix.
- Add the fried chicken pieces and also a cup of water. Let it boil.
- Add the diluted cornflour into it and let it thicken.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot with Chicken Fried Rice.