Ria's Collection: CHOCOLATE CHIP NANCUTS/NANKATAI

Thursday, December 9, 2010

CHOCOLATE CHIP NANCUTS/NANKATAI



Ihave never baked so much in so little time. Phew! That was a LOT of baking happening in my kitchen. I must say,my oven is still grateful. It hasn't given up on me :-) But trust me, it feels so good to be near the oven during winter...keeps you warm and keeps your house warm,too! Plus, you get to eat your favourite baked goodies!
                                                                  Photo Courtesy: Chris Ann
I met Chris Ann last month for a small blogger meet in Minneapolis. I have to say, she was a very graceful host! She brought us some yummy yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies! I remember her saying that she slaved over it...I don't think so! ;-) Anyhow, it was delicious. During the meet,we were having a casual chat and she mentioned that she would like me to do a guest post for their 'Cookie Exchange' event on the blog during the month of December. I agreed on the spot. Why wouldn't I? :-)

But the challenge for me was that she asked me if I could bake some sort of an Indian cookie. Umm, now that's interesting! Indian cookie? I had to think about it for a while because we Indians, really don't have a 'typical' Indian baked goodie.But then again, there should be something that we can call it 'Indian'...and yes! it was a cookie called 'Nankatai' or 'Nancuts' as we call at home. Indian cookies or 'biscuits' as we call it, is never soft like the 'cookies' that we get in US. It's crisp, crunchy and even crumbly, at times. So this is the texture of this cookie/biscuit too. :-)

Nancuts is the simplest of all the cookies. It's a very simple 3-ingredient recipe. You don't need any fancy equipment to get it done. At any given point, you can bake these cookies in less than half an hour!Usually this cookie is baked plain or maybe with a hint of crushed/powdered cardamom. I thought of giving it a twist and added chocolate chips to the dough.

For recipe..visit Love Feast Table!

I am sending these cookies as my entry for the Monthly Mingle- Chocolate Extravaganza hosted by myself! :)

Season's Greetings!

16 Comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Scrumptious nankattais, sooooo cute..

Nithya said...

Looks really good :)

Nice pic of you :)

Jamie said...

Oooh lucky lucky you for getting to meet each other! And your cookies are brilliant! Relly beautiful, Ria!

sanjeeta kk said...

These cookies look crisp and cute with those chocolate chips peeing out.

Gayathri Kumar said...

Cookies are so nice!

Santosh Bangar said...

suparb

Ann said...

definitely a classic twist ;-)!! love nankhatai, I like how perfectly symmetrical the cookies came out =)

Unknown said...

Beautiful cookies. Perfectly done!

Unknown said...

They sure look superlicious and I love your presentation with a glass of milk :)

Unknown said...

Looks super tempting and lovely clicks too

Divya Kudua said...

Hey Ria..this looks too good.I agree with Ann's comment,love how evenly and perfectly shaped they are.Did you flatten the cookies or just left it as small balls?I am baking this for sure!!

Zareena said...

They look soo good and delish! am going to try this out soon. Will let you know.

gigi said...

yummy looking and beautiful presentation too...

Ally said...

Ria:

Would white chip and choco chip muffins befitting to the mingle
??? If they are...then id send in my entry....happy hosting dear!!

Unknown said...

Those nankatais look gorgeous. I love them, my nani makes them, and I'm a big fan!! Read the post on your bloggers meet, it looks like you had awesome fun!

Satya said...

Tempting cookies...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...