Ria's Collection: MOCHA - WALNUT MARBLED BUNDT CAKE

Saturday, May 16, 2020

MOCHA - WALNUT MARBLED BUNDT CAKE

MOCHA - WALNUT MARBLED BUNDT CAKE

I
haven't come across anyone who doesn't enjoy a slice of Marble Cake. It has a universal appeal. I've grown up eating many Marble Cakes that Amma made for us and I've shared the recipe with you all over a decade ago. It makes for a tender, moist cake and it goes so well with a cuppa. These days you might not find me very active here but if you are following me on Instagram, you will get all the updates and snippets of our day to day life. I've been sharing so much on my Instagram account and every now and then I do a Q & A session where I get to answer my followers more specifically.

MOCHA - WALNUT MARBLED BUNDT CAKE

One of the many requests this time was for more cake recipes. I have been doing cake tutorials on my IG page and my Double Orange Cake has literally been baked by over 60 people in the last couple weeks. It's such a heartwarming experience to see what you all been baking and cooking for my food blog. It's something that I really cherish.Now that everyone is at home and the need for homemade treats are on the rise, I thought I should share a recipe for a lovely marble cake from none other than Dorie Greenspan.

MOCHA - WALNUT MARBLED BUNDT CAKE

Her cookbook Baking From My Home To Yours was a wedding gift from my cousin Roshini. It's a cookbook that I cherish for the recipe as well as the nostalgia it evokes. When this food blog had just begun, everyone was busy baking from this cookbook and it was Dorie's cakes and cookies everywhere! I used to follow almost all the food blogs, read their content, post comments, try and bake the same thing and share here. I cannot even think of doing that anymore because I am so pressed for time with children and other responsibilities. It was a lovely time back then so that cookbook is special to me!

MOCHA - WALNUT MARBLED BUNDT CAKE

This cake is very moist and buttery that you can serve as is with tea or coffee. If you want to serve it as dessert, a scoop of ice cream would be a good addition. Maybe a drizzle of chocolate sauce as well. I think that's exactly what we are going to have as dinner tonight. I just made a batch of homemade vanilla bean ice cream this morning!
MOCHA - WALNUT MARBLED BUNDT CAKE
Serves 12-15
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup finely ground walnuts
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup plain coffee
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup whole milk, room temperature

Method:
Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a 9-10 inch Bundt pan.
Whisk together flour, ground walnuts, baking powder and salt.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter along with chocolate, plain coffee and instant coffee powder over barely simmering water. Set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, beat 2 sticks of butter with sugar on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and beat for 30 seconds after each addition. Add vanilla and mix it in. On low speed,add flour and milk alternately, adding the dry ingredients in 3 portions and milk in 2 portions. 
Scrape a little less than half the batter into the melted chocolate and stir to blend.
Pour both the batters alternately into the prepared cake tin and bake for 65-70 minutes or until the a thin skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. This can vary depending on your oven.
Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then unmould and cool completely.


MOCHA - WALNUT MARBLED BUNDT CAKE

I sincerely hope you all are doing well and that your families are safe during this pandemic. If everything had been how it had been, we would have been packing our bags now for the big trip that we had been planning for over the last few years...10 to be precise! :-) I cannot wait to see my friends in person and have a meal together at ours. It's been just too long! The bright side to this whole situation is that we are safe and that is the biggest thing to happen right now. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and I am sure we will see the light at the end of this tunnel as well. Until then, just hang in there!

2 Comments:

Meenu said...

Hi Ria,
Thanks for the recipe. Can we replace chocolate with cocoa powder?

Thanks,Meenu

Chinnu Ann Joy said...

I made it the other day everyone loved it. It was supersoft and luscious

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...