Monday, March 16, 2009

American Brownies






She came across as a tomboy,least bothered about what happens with the rest of the world! But when we got to know each other better... I was so wrong!! She was indeed tomboyish with her short curly hair which reminded me of" George" from Enid Blyton's FAMOUS FIVE.
She is Ava, a mangalorian girl who joined us in 'Maria Sadan' during my days at Mount Carmel College, Bangalore. Whenever she goes home, she used to comeback with a batch of freshly baked heavenly BROWNIES!! Never got enough of it since all of us were greedy about them!! Well! That's how the hostel life is!! :)
I remember asking her for the recipe.. that was like 4 years back!! She had e-mailed it to me and i happily wrote it down! But unfortunately.. i lost that paper( which i kept "SAFE"..so much so that i can't recollect where that was!! ) and at the same time my inbox had some technical problem due to which i lost that mail of hers!! How depressing can that be!!! :(
And years after.. few months back.. Dec'08... i was at my maternal home and was flipping through my aunt's recipe book and there it was!!!! my precious recipe!!! No words could describe how happy I was then!!! :)
Later, after all my "Happy Scenes" me and my aunt had a long discussion as to how i lost that and how i found it amongst her recipes years later!! :)
Yesterday, while I was at work I had a huuuggge craving for Brownies so I thought il try and re-create Ava's Mom's magical brownies!!
Loved it!! :) I really hope you all would try this out..it's very very simple but the result is browine-blowing!! :D



Here is the recipe:



Flour:200g

Sugar: 200 g

Butter:200g

Eggs:3

Baking powder:1tsp

Cocoa powder:3 tbsp

Vanilla essence:1 tsp

Walnuts/Cashewnuts: 1 cup (chopped)


Here we go:


  • Melt butter,add sugar and mix well.
  • Keep it down from fire and when slightly cooled ,add cocoa powder and mix well.
  • When completely cooled, add the eggs one by one and mix thoroughly.
  • Add the maida sieved along with baking powder and mix well.
  • Lastly add the nuts coated in a little bit of flour(so that it wudn't sink to the bottom of the pan).
  • Grease a pan, pour the mixture and bake at 180 C for 45 mins to 1 hour.


Hope you all like it!!

Keep coming back for more! :)









2 Comments:

Babitha said...

i ve always had my mouth drool wen i pass by hagen-das,coco's n all those pastry displays,but never knew it wud be possible to get the recipe n actually make it at home.felt they came from a totally different universe!!! Not anymore!! thanks to ria's collection!!! ;D

Ria said...

Babitha-Thank you so much!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...