Ahhhh!!!! Finally I repeat finally I got some nice food colouring during a stop over at Mysore on our way back from Ooty! I found a wholesale shop which deals with bakery products and I went completely out of control!! I have been longing (read it as CRAVING) for some chocolate bars becauseI went completely out of stock :( And in my lovely town you cannot find them for which i'l have to travel another 300 kms i.e; Cochin/Bangalore!
And so when I found that amazingly lovely shop I bought 3 kilograms of chocolate! Hahaha! :D I'm well stocked now :DYesterday I was just couldn't resist getting my hands onto baking something and I thought why not play with the colours I recently bought! :D *Bliss*
It's simply delicious!!
All purpose flour- 6oz
Caster sugar-2 oz
Caster sugar for dredging
- Cream butter with a wooden spoon until soft, but not oily,add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Work in the flour and knead lightly together with fingertips to form a ball.
- Roll this out 1/8 " to 1/2 " thickness (as desired) on a floured surface or between butter paper.
- Cut out into rounds or any other preferred shapes.
- Prick each biscuit with a fork twice and bake just above or in the center of the oven at 180 C for about 25 minutes or until faintly tinged with brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve dredged with sugar.
- Will stay fresh for 10 days( mine lasted just few hours! :D )