Ria's Collection: BUTTER SHORTS

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

BUTTER SHORTS


Ahhhh!!!! Finally, I repeat,finally, I got some nice food colouring during a stop over at Mysore on our way back from Ooty! I found a wholesale shop which deals with bakery products and I went completely out of control!! I have been longing (read it as CRAVING) for some chocolate bars becauseI went completely out of stock :( And in my lovely town you cannot find them for which i'l have to travel another 300 kms i.e; Cochin/Bangalore!


And so when I found that amazingly lovely shop I bought 3 kilograms of chocolate! I'm well stocked now!

Yesterday I was just couldn't resist getting my hands onto baking something and I thought, why not play with the colours that I recently bought? 



I found this recipe in a Reader's Digest Cookbook handed over to me by my grandmom.That book is amazing! It has recipes for every month depending on the veggie/fruits etc which are in season.This recipe is very very simple, hardly takes anytime but in the end, you will be rewarded with something much much more than the effort you put in!! 




Butter Shorts
Ingredients:
All purpose flour- 6oz
Butter-4 oz
Caster sugar-2 oz
Caster sugar for dredging
Method:
  • Cream butter with a wooden spoon until soft, but not oily,add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
  • Work in the flour and knead lightly together with fingertips to form a ball.
  • Roll this out 1/8 " to 1/2 " thickness (as desired) on a floured surface or between butter paper.
  • Cut out into rounds or any other preferred shapes.
  • Prick each biscuit with a fork twice and bake just above or in the center of the oven at 180 C for about 25 minutes or until faintly tinged with brown.
  • Cool on a wire rack and serve dredged with sugar.
  • Will stay fresh for 10 days( mine lasted just few hours! :D )
Verdict: Light and crunchy . Very very addictive! :D

-Ria

10 Comments:

Sakshi said...

seriously bliss!! and can't believe how easy this one is...love the colors and hey 3 kg of chocolates??? I thought am the only one who stocks on chocolates as if there is gonna be a dearth of chocos around the world...
The pics are sinfully beautiful

Arlene Delloro said...

These look beautiful.

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Very colourful...good variation.

Varsha Vipins said...

Aww..looks like cutie buttons dearie..yumm..:)

saffronapron.blogspot.com said...

Those cookies look as cute as a button. And such a simple recipe. i have book marked it. I'm like u look, love chocolate and love to have stock of chocolates all the time, be it for cooking or munching

Ria Mathew said...

Sakshi - LOL! yes!! You read it correct 3 kgs!! :D I feel veryyy insecure otherwise :D

Arlene- Thanks a ton dearie! :)

Pavithra- Thanks for dropping by!!!

Varsha- It is sure yummmm :)Thank you!!! :)

Smitha- Thank you soo much! Its very very easy!Do try it and lemme know :D 'Same pinch' with regards to chocolate madness :D

Rachel said...

You played really well with the colours!

Ria Mathew said...

Rachel- Thank you so much!!We love colours don't we?? ;D

Unknown said...

I am so in love with these cute little cookies! Love the one esp i the last pic! Bookmarking this!! Love all ur bakes.

Ria Mathew said...

Divya-Thank you so much dearie!! Happy to know that you have bookmarked it! Try it and let me know :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...