Ria's Collection: MILLIONAIRE'S SHORTBREAD

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

MILLIONAIRE'S SHORTBREAD


You need not be a millionaire to make /eat a Millionaire's Shortbread :) It is a very simple recipe but a very delicious one! This evilish shortbread's were introduced to me during my 'hostel days'! I'm so sure anyone following my posts till now would realise how important 'hostel' was in my life. Those were the days! I mean... so much mischief.. which includes sneaking into each other's rooms in the night, mid night feasts, scaring others ( that was my fav past time!!! ) and the icing of it all were these kinda 'tucks' that we all used to load our bags with, every time we returned from our homes.


Shortbreads basking in the early morning sun ;D

I got rich when my friend Rosina a.k.a Ochi shared her fav cousin Rosy's recipe with me. So I dedicate this post to Rosy Chechy who is getting engaged to Job on 2 May 2009 :)

Congratulations Rosy Chechy!!

So now let's get rich!! ;)

Ingredients for being rich ;)

Base:
Butter-120g
Sugar-60g
Maida ( All purpose flour)-175g
  • Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
  • Mix in maida and gather it together into a ball.
  • Line a pie dish/loose bottom dish , prick it randomly with a fork and bake it at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.

Toffee caramel:
Butter: 120g
Sugar:60g
Caramel syup:2 tbsp
Condensed milk:200 ml
  • Boil all the ingredients together till it starts leaving the sides of the pan.
  • Pour over the base and let it set.

Topping:
Plain chocolate:150g
Butter:20g
  • Melt together and pour over caramel.Let it harden.
  • Cut it into squares using a sharp knife and serve!

So we all are Millionaire's now ...ain't we?? ;D

-Ria

10 Comments:

Rachel said...

Love the perfect layers.

Ria Mathew said...

Thank you Rachel!! That was soo quick!! :D Hope you had a lovely easter!!

Unknown said...

Sounds delectable. Lovely pictures..

Ria Mathew said...

Thank you Divya! It is indeed very very delectable!! :)

Unknown said...

hey Ria, thanks a lot for posting the recipe, since Jose likes it very much, I will def give it a try :)

Ria Mathew said...

Thanks Maria!I did think about you and Jose when I was typing it out..remebered you telling me about it :) Do give it a try and let me know!!

suvi said...

i like what it is called...and i like the way it looks even more. So decadent!

Sakshi said...

Glad that at least I got a short cut to become a millionaire...yum its looking!!

Audax Artifex said...

Very pretty layers and wonderful colours and very simple - an easy recipe to boot.

Ria Mathew said...

Aquadaze- Thank you so much! It is truly decadent!

Sakshi- It's a very short shortcut!! Lol!! ;D

Audax-Thanks a ton!!!! It is too good in all ways!! I find this verrrry tempting!! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...