Ria's Collection: ~Silky Smooth Pedas~

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

~Silky Smooth Pedas~



I was thinking of what should my next post be and that's when I came across this blog of Srivalli who was hosting a Mithai Mela! What more do I need?? I have an Enormous sweet tooth :D So I knew right then (for a change!! lol )what my next one would be!! :)
I loooovvee Pedas especially 'Milma' pedas :D and I have been making a version of mine since 7th grade! :) That's very very yummy but aesthetically unappealing! :D I never had any fixed quantity for it so it used to be a bit runny but tasted heavenly!



And so my search for the perfectly yummy and perfectly easy peda recipe ended at Show me the Curry .com with Hetal & Anjua! They are amazing!! The whole dish is prepared in less than 10 mins flat!! How cool is that??? :D

I am sending this post to Mithai Mela hosted by Srivalli of Cooking 4 all seasons! Thanks Srivalli!
Recipe adapted from Show me the Curry.com
Ingredients
Milk powder - 150g
Condensed milk -1 tin
Unsalted butter-113 g
Method:
In a microwave safe dish, melt the butter.
Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring very well after every minute.
After the 3 minutes, mix well again and leave aside for the mixture to cool down enough to handle.
Once the mixture has cooled down, grease your hands and make balls.
Gently press the balls and flatten them to shape…round and flat.
Decorate them with coloured sugar, almonds, cashews, pistachios or raisins.
Let the pedas set and cool down.
For a pretty presentation, place them in baking cups and serve.

For best results store them in a refrigerator and serve at room temperature.

That was super fast! Cooking with 3 ingredients in 3 minutes! Thanks a lot Hetal & Anuja!!

-Ria

4 Comments:

Sakshi said...

I used to gorge on Milma pedas when we visited Kerala for vacations as a kid..You used to make them when you were in 7th grade???? whoa I can't even write here what I was doing when I was in 7th grade..
You seem to be on full fledged cooking spree and all yummy things are coming out of it..

Priya said...

I love milk powder , can still eat lactogen straight out of a tin .I love condensed milk and i love butter Can imagine how good it will taste when you combine all these ..Send me some drooool

Ria Mathew said...

Sakshi - LOL!! yes!!I have been involved in kitchen activities right from when I was 3!! Scraping coconuts were my first task! :D So making pedas when I was in 7th is okay i guess :D

Priya Chechy- Same pinch!! Slurrrp! :D I'll make it for you when you come down next :)

Unknown said...

They look cute n pretty!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...