Ria's Collection: Chocolate & Nut Bricks and a sweet memory!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Chocolate & Nut Bricks and a sweet memory!


When I get into the 'cooking mood' (which I am 24/7-- OR minus my sleeping time ;D ) I need everything ready on hand right THEN! We had our relatives dropping by on Thursday and the aunty had mentioned about some chocolatey biscuitey stuff to Amma. Amma listened very carefully but blame it on her age (oh no! can't be! she is just 46! :D ) or her busy schedule conducting cookery classes... she just couldn't recollect that recipe! And the worse thing was she had mentioned about the 'RECIPE' when I called her from office ( I call her minimum twice a day...just like that! ;D ) And I was all ready to try it the moment I reached home...BUT all I could get from her was...edi,it was an easy one...just biscuit,butter...err..BLANK!!! :(

I sat down for a while thinking whether I should call aunty and get the recipe because they had already left from our house. But I HAD to! :D So I called her up and scribbled down everything! And after I hung up...I wrote it down very neatly in my recipe book (this is my most 'well kept' book LOL! ) because I knew this is for keeps!


Chocolate & Nut Bricks
(must say I had to re-name it because I just couldn't understand its real name over the phone! LOL!)

Plain/glucose biscuit -100g broken up ( I used Parle-G...ooo I have a story behind that!! will tell ya'll)
Powdered sugar-100g
Broken cashewnuts-100g
Butter-100g ( I used 50g salted & 50 g unsalted butter)
Cocoa powder-3 T
Vanilla -1 t

  • Cream butter and sugar. Add cocoa and beat so that it's mixed well.
  • Add biscuits,nuts & vanilla and mix well till combined.
  • Take a fairly large square piece of parchment paper and pour this in the centre of the paper.
  • Flatten it into a square shape using a spatula.
  • Fold the paper from all 4 sides and cover it.
  • Freeze it for 1-1.5 hrs.
  • Cut it into squares and ENJOY!! :)
The story behind Parle-G:

This incident happend when I was a kid say 3 or 4 yrs old! :D I still clearly remember that I was sitting on our bed when Amma got me a packet of Parle-G to munch on. But Baby Ria ;D was not in a good mood then! I said NO NO! and Amma Susy showed me the girl on the packet and said... "she will eat the biscuits if you don't!" :D And do I need to say more?? I snatched the packet from her hands and gobbled it up! Smart Amma Susy!!! The child on the cover remains the same till date! Dumb baby Ria! LOL!!!

Perfect story for an ad! :) And yeah perfect memory too! ;)

Even now, whenever I see that girl smiling at us from any supermarket shelf, the whole story plays back in my memory! And when Amma sees that grin on my face... she knows what I'm thinking of! :)

I am sending this as an entry to Tasty Tools : Hand and Stand Mixers hosted by Joelens
Check this out for another biscuit entry of mine (My first entry...sorry...no pic! Dumb Ria! )
This is my entry for the CLICK hosted by Jugalbandi.

Happy Sunday everybody!
-Ria

10 Comments:

Rush said...

you have so cutely described the entire episode..and the choclate biscuit looks so cool, wanna pop it rite in!!

Unknown said...

Parle biscuit story is funny! I know how our parents have to make us eat.. The choc nut bricks look yummy!

Lena Jayadev said...

woww....its lookin superb..real yumm..send it to me.. :) Ria, presentation is just superb and awesome click.. :)

Audax said...

Your photograph is superb and really shows off the recipe so well. Sorry I have been very busy I will make something for your b'day event will send very soon. Yours Audax - thanks for inviting me.

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful sweet treats with chocolate and nuts! Yum!

Rachel said...

I just love reading the way you write...Love the bricks...

Unknown said...

Hi Ria

Those bars/bricks looks really yummy. Looks like I've a lot of catching up to do here, you've posted so many recipes!! great going dear :)

Ria Mathew said...

Rush-Thank you so much ! Do pop one in! :)

Divya-Thank you! Yeah! I'm sure every parent will have atleast one story like this for sure!! :D

Lena-Thank you so much Lena! I wish we stayed close by! :)

Audax-Thank a ton man!:)Yep!send it across fast! :D

5 Star Foodie-Thank you!! :)

Rachel-Thanks a ton ! That means a lot to me because I never believed I have good writing skills! :)

Maria- Thank you so much!! :)Back with a bang huh?? :)Yes been on a posting spree!! :D

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Mmmhhh, a delicious treat!

Cheers,

Rosa

Justbeanme said...

Ur mom knew how to make u eat...!!!LOL love reading ur write ups....Hmm good food.. good clicks n backed by good tales n writeups!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...