Ria's Collection: Chocolate Pistachio Fudge

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Chocolate Pistachio Fudge


I never knew chocolate & pistachio combo could be so delectable! It's actually very addictive! :) Whenever I get free time at office, I let myself have a peek-a -boo on Nigella's videos on Youtube! I find all her videos very fascinating ... the main reason being every single sound is captured well.. the soothing sound of choco chips falling... MMMMMMM... it tempts me very very much! I almost end up being too close to the screen! :D So when I saw the video for this recipe... that was it!!!! I couldn't hold on any more... actually who can when u see the fudge being taken out of the fridge and cut into squares!!! Too much I say ;D So the moment I reached home from office... went straight into our store room, grabbed a tin of condensed milk, a slab of dark chocolate and a bag of unsalted pistachios & then the magic happend!! :) TADA!!! :)

Chocolate Pistachio Fudge:
Originally published by Nigella Lawson

350g dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids), chopped
1 x 397g can condensed milk
30g butter
pinch salt
150g pistachios
Serving Size : Makes 64 pieces of rich fudge

METHOD


1.Put the chopped chocolate, condensed milk, butter and salt in a heavy-based pan on a low heat, and stir to melt.
2.Put the nuts into a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin, until broken up into both big and little pieces.
3.Add the nuts to the melted chocolate and condensed milk and stir well to mix.
4.Pour and spatch this mixture into a foil tray 23cm square, smoothing the top.
5.Let the fudge cool, and refrigerate until set. You can then cut it into small pieces approx.
6.3 x 2.25cm. Cutting 8 x 10 lines in the tin to give 64 pieces best achieves this.
7

Once cut, it can be kept in the freezer – no need to thaw just eat straight away.

I made mine in a slightly bigger tin, so it turned out thinner. And as you can see in the pic above my fudgies just couldn't bear the heat and humidity at this side of the world :) Nevertheless they tasted fantastic with the pistachio giving a nice small break into the otherwise very chocolatey condensed milk fudge. Will definately make again... much MORE!! :)
I'm sending this post as an entry to 15 Minute Cooking @ Mahimaa's Kitchen

Have a great week!!

-Ria

16 Comments:

Deeba PAB said...

I love Nigella's Pistachio Fudge & made it with my daughter quite some time back...wonderful! It's so addictive, & the good thing is that it freezes really well. Bonus, you can eat it right out of the freezer!Yours looks WOW!

Audax Artifex said...

Nigella she is one of my fav's she loves what she does so much. I will be making this recipe for a dinner party I'm having very simple and O so delish!!! Fab photo I really like the green against the dark chocolate.

Rush said...

looks sooo tempting!!

saffronapron.blogspot.com said...

That looks A W E S O M E. Now, U have passed on that carving to me. I have to make it. Book marked this recipe. Love your blog. Btw, Nice office u have, where u can check out all these videos. Can I find a job there??? ;)

anudivya said...

There is something about the brown from chocolate and the green from pistachios that make it very sensual. I have made choco pistachio rolls, and they reflect the same colors as these. Love them and yours!

saffronapron.blogspot.com said...

Btw Ria,
Need a favor. Could you please let me know from where u bought those chocolates u mentioned in one of your older posts? ( The post which mentioned you bought a few kgs of choco) Would love to know which store and where? It's for my sister.

Ria Mathew said...

Deeba-Thank you!!! :)You cannot imagine how excited I was when I saw your comments!! :D weeeeeeeeeee!!! Thanks a ton for stopping by!

Audax-Hello Mr.Express!! That's how I'm gonna call you from now on! :) Thanks a lot for your lovely words! It means a lot to me! Do try and let me know!!! :)

Rush- Thanks!! I completely agree with you!! It's very very tempting!

Smita-Thank you sooooo much!! :)I love your blog too!!Do try and let me know!!! Hahaha! Yes, I have a nice office..Pssst.. no one knows that I do all these here ;D But they cannot complain even if they find out cos I get a share of all what I make to office :) See.. how I butter them! LOL!

Anudivya-Thanks a lot for stopping by! I checked out yours! They look lovely!!Slurrpp!

Smita- I have left a comment on your blog.Please check.. It's on your latest post :)

Rachel said...

They are truly a combo made for each other.

Parita said...

Wow the chocolate pistachio fudge looks delicious...first time here..nice blog you have :)

ARUNA said...

looks tempting and yummmmmm!

Varsha Vipins said...

Hope u dint hurt ur nose by poking it into the screen..:D..ha ..fudge n me r enemies..oru vattam try cheythu n it was a superb disaster..from then I even refuse to look at them at stores..:D..but ithu adipoli..perfect..!!

Dori said...

Mmmm, yes, chocolate and pistachio's are so good together and the fudge looks perfect, and so smooth!

Justin said...

this recipe looks so easy and SO good

Manju said...

you are totally right about nigella's shows..every single sound is captured and that is so much more captivating!

the fudge looks awesome!!! i have to try this!! :)

Ria Mathew said...

Rachel- They definately are! :)

Parita-Thank you so much for your kind words :) Do come back for more :)

Aruna-Thanks a ton for stopping by!! :)

Varsha- LOL!! Try this..it's very simple and you just can't go wrong! All thanks to Nigella!! :)

Meeso-Thank you!!I agree with you totally!

Justin-YES!!it is very easy and totally yummy!! All thanks to Nigella!! :)

Superchef- Thank you so much! and oh yeah! Same pinch!!

Unknown said...

girl, you are making me crave for chocolate now. looks fabulous!

spicesetc.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...