Ria's Collection: White Chocolate Mud Cake

Sunday, May 31, 2009

White Chocolate Mud Cake


I always get something else when I search for something else :D I'm sure many would agree with this!! :)) So this time's mission impossible was searching for chocolate chips in "MY" drawer in our pantry ( yes yes! I emphasised "MY" because it's my haven!! :) I have all my precious stuff like cookie cutters, chocolate slabs,food colours, my share of cocoa powder :D,coloured sprinklers,almonds,cashewnuts, parchment paper,baking tins, icing set,cookie press,essence...soooo many rite!! No wonder I can never find what I want...but don't think its a mess... its the most well kept drawer ! 100% better than my clothes cupboard!! :D

So instead of finding the chocolate chips, I found a small packet of white chocolate slab securely bound with a rubber band... How did I forget that?? Luckily it wasn't spoilt!! :)


Now that I laid my hands on it I HAVE to do something. And my search ended when I found this recipe. It sounded good! But again no guarentee :) But I was all set to go ahead and try! And trust me I'm glad I did!! :)

White Chocolate Mud Cake:

Recipe adapted from RecipeZaar

Ingredients
250 g butter
200 g white chocolate
200 ml water
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1 3/4 cups plain flour
1 cup self-raising flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Icing
125 g butter
125 g white chocolate, melted
3/4 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon thickened cream


Directions
1.Heat butter, chocolate, water and sugar in a saucepan stirring until melted and well combined.
2.Sift flours together into a bowl and blend in chocolate mixture, eggs and vanilla Pour into a greased and base lined 20cm round cake tin.
3.Bake in a moderate oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes until cooked when tested.
4.To make icing cream butter, blend in remaining ingredients.


I din't ice the cake as I was in no mood for an extra dose of butter ( for a change! ;D ) Instead I melted some dark chocolate and piped out some designs using a plastic baggie ( with the ends snipped off).

This recipe for sure is a keeper. The texture is a bit mushy (the name says it all- MUD!!) but tastes really good!! Luckily I felt there was no need for that extra dose of butter because the cake would have been TOO sweet otherwise.


I am sending this as an entry for the event on my own blog Let's Celebrate! Hope to see many more entries other than just mine!! ;D


-Ria

13 Comments:

Suparna said...

hi ria,
tha's a lovely moist cake, the designs on it are like that of delicate mehndi art...beautiful job sweetie.
Enjoy

Suparna said...

hi ria,
tha's a lovely moist cake, the designs on it are like that of delicate mehndi art...beautiful job sweetie.
Enjoy

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful cake riya!! That designs look really pretty!! Both Jose & myself love this cake :), I've posted this sometime back.

Lena Jayadev said...

Ria,....its just superb.. :)
wonderful presentation....awesome..

deeps said...

Smells sweet ..
And yeha you have tried your hand at it ….
It should be worth the time spent for it…

Anonymous said...

Delicious! I love the beautiful chocolate decorations on top! Very nice!

Audax said...

Ria wonderful isn't nice when you find something fab in the bottom of a drawer. I just love the dark chocolate icing curls on the top - you can have to much fat/chcolate at one time. Sounds perfect. Am doing your celebration cake tomorrow or so. Cheers Audax

Parita said...

Ria the cake looks delicious and super moist..love the cute decoration on top:)

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

That's a perfect cake, Ria. And the design on top looks so pretty. Do you get all your baking supplies in Kannur itself? I know Talassery is supposed to be famous for its baking traditions. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the trellis pattern on top.. never made a cake from white choc for fear of not liking it...your cake says otherwise...

Unknown said...

Looks toogood. Love the simple frosting with an Indian touch!

Sakshi said...

Wow you showed your textile designing skills on that cake...those pipings are pretty...Mud cake?? haa thank god you explained why it is called so as I was searching the ingredients...

Ria Mathew said...

Suparna-Thank you gurl!

Maria-Thank you dear!I did see yours too... it's looks good! Recipe is almost the same alle??

Lena,Deeps, 5 star foodie-Thank you so much!

Audax-Trust me man! It feels soo good! Waiting for your entry to my event! Thanks a bunch! :)

Parita-Thank you! :)

Aparna-Thank you so much! We get most of the supplies here at the sametime there is hardly any supply for choco slabs,fresh cream etc.So if I happen to see any of them anywhere...I just GRAB it! :D Yes, you are correct.Thalaserry is famous for their baking tradition! All thanks to the British rule! :)

Rachel-Thank you! Even I was skeptical,but not any more. If you are making this cake, please do not expect the usual texture instead a slightly mushy one. :) After all it's MUD cake! :D

Divya-Thank you girlie! :)

Sakshi- Thank you!!LOL! Now don't tell me you would feed Saman the real mud cake! :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...